[Suggestion] Front-end

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RustyWalker
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Front-end

Postby RustyWalker » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:38 am

Edit - Simplifying post

I'd like to see a front-end added to the game, as the default action of opening a new game each time is usually not the desired action. The usual options should be included - New, Load, and "Manage Saves" however that's usually phrased. Perhaps also a "Settings" to assign global values to the likes of Player name, choice of face in game, preferred colour scheme for the uniforms/jumpsuits. Fairly standard stuff for a tycoon-type game.

"New" should open a sub-menu for difficulty, map. etc. Difficulty would vary the starting money, grant interest, narkiness of the prisoners (how tolerant they are of poor management), and maybe "Sandbox" ie forget the money, just let me build!
HeroFV
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Front-end

Postby HeroFV » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:59 am

+1

I also think they need some sort of front end menu. Also normally, I hate splash screens, but I would appreciate one for IV!
Mithrawndo
level0

Postby Mithrawndo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:45 am

It's not a big deal having to press escape every time we start the game, but yes - I'm not entirely sure why displaying that menu isn't the default action already. All the options necessary are visible on the escape menu already.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:50 am

Mithrawndo wrote:It's not a big deal having to press escape every time we start the game, but yes - I'm not entirely sure why displaying that menu isn't the default action already. All the options necessary are visible on the escape menu already.

It was at one point. Made many PCs crash, so instead of fixing it by adding a front-end menu (which will certainly be done later as it's just not a very high priority), they reverted back to having the players press Esc once for the time being.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:05 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
Mithrawndo wrote:It's not a big deal having to press escape every time we start the game, but yes - I'm not entirely sure why displaying that menu isn't the default action already. All the options necessary are visible on the escape menu already.

It was at one point. Made many PCs crash, so instead of fixing it by adding a front-end menu (which will certainly be done later as it's just not a very high priority), they reverted back to having the players press Esc once for the time being.

It was around alpha-5 when disable, so if you want to ah play that buggy release?

Return to “Community Members”