Income issue

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

droddo
level0

Income issue

Postby droddo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi there, playing alpha 17 right now.

I've found that if you disable the acceptance of certain type of prisoners you won't get the federal grant for them.
So if you have 100 med security and nobody other and you close the prison to med sec (but you can open for min/max)
at 23:50 at 24 you won't get the money for the 100 prisoners.

Of course the workaround is to simply open every type before midnight, get the cash and revert to your choice.

I want to know if it's a know bug or simply game design.

Thank you in advance
xander
level5
level5

Re: Income issue

Postby xander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 pm

This sounds like a bug. Is it in the tracker yet?

xander
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:37 am

droddo wrote:Hi there, playing alpha 17 right now.

I've found that if you disable the acceptance of certain type of prisoners you won't get the federal grant for them.
So if you have 100 med security and nobody other and you close the prison to med sec (but you can open for min/max)

Of course the workaround is to simply open every type before midnight, get the cash and revert to your choice.

Thank you in advance

Strange, this sounds like a bug from the previous alpha. As No changes to prison intake were made this alpha.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:53 am

111none wrote:
droddo wrote:Hi there, playing alpha 17 right now.

Thank you in advance

Strange, this sounds like a bug from the previous alpha. As No changes to prison intake were made this alpha.

Yes there were, they fixed the Prisoner Report scroll bar. As the intake is regulated through that screen, it is certainly possible that the fix messed up something else in that area.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:53 pm

I sort of hope that GUI and game logic isn't that tightly coupled, as I don't see how fixing the scrollbar could realistically cause this.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:46 pm

I'll try to take notice on this, and I don't see anything formally reported in Mantis yet on this. I have a habit of leaving the intake open and only closing right before the delivery when I want to skip a day, and then re-open to remind me for the next day. Then again, the income from prisoner grant is so insignificant, I don't think I would have noticed since I rely highly on industry for funds.
droddo
level0

Postby droddo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:56 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:I rely highly on industry for funds.

I rely on them as well. But i've found something strange.
I' was pretty sure that the income of prison labour was very good.
In my current prison 80 workers can't go further 12k. I was looking
in a public wiki and i saw that every sheet metal should give 3 blank
license plates, but at the moment i only get 2 for sheet. Is that right ?

Edit: Alpha 16 release notes, just saw the nerf
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm unable to reproduce this problem. I closed prisoner intake and wound up with a certain balance after the midnight tallies. I then loaded the save again, opened prisoner intake, and wound up with the same balance. Both times the individual grant values were listed during the tally. I tried a few other combinations of specific security levels being closed and opened (didn't try them all), and found no issues.

Do the tallies not show for the security types that are closed or the balance doesn't add up afterwards when you do the math? Both work correctly for me, but let's try and get more description of the original problem. Are you using any mods? Did you start a new prison with Alpha-17 (I did for my experiment above)?
droddo
level0

Postby droddo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:Are you using any mods? Did you start a new prison with Alpha-17 (I did for my experiment above)?

No Mods, but i'm using an old prison (i've started it with alpha 15 i think).
I'll retry with a new prison and post the feedback

Return to “Community Members”