Serving table question/bug

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

knoest26
level5
level5

Re: Serving table question/bug

Postby knoest26 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:42 pm

you could look up 'canteen' in the materials.txt and remove the requirement for a servingtable
HeroFV
level2
level2

Postby HeroFV » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:56 pm

ShaTiK wrote:
HeroFV wrote:Well you could still set your kitchen to staff only to prevent stationing a guard... That is, if I'm understanding your reasoning correctly :P

Yes and no. Yes - cause setting kitchen to staff only should prevent inmates from going there. No - cause if they will see an opening, say, door from the canteen to the kitchen and door from the kitchen to the garbage area - they could try and make a run. And I'm not talking about 1 prisoner - a group of 5-8 could try and a few could actually succeed.
The hole other question is why they so desperately try to run every time they see an opportunity: it is not like, if a prison located in a middle of nowhere, escapee have many places to run at any time. An escape should be prepared.. But that is the hole different story and this thread could be closed since I got all the answers I needed.

You should try it. I have never seen prisoners enter staff only areas (alone).

knoest26 wrote:you could look up 'canteen' in the materials.txt and remove the requirement for a servingtable

That's a good idea.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:37 am

HeroFV wrote:
knoest26 wrote:you could look up 'canteen' in the materials.txt and remove the requirement for a servingtable

That's a good idea.

That will not fix the issue that prisoners need a serving table in the canteen to get food. I don't see why you can't secure the kitchen so it can be accessable by prisoners.
ShaTiK
level1
level1

Postby ShaTiK » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 am

Okay, so:
1. Deleting the need for serving table in the canteen didn't work since prisoners can't see a serving table in the canteen
2. As for securing kitchen - it is not quite the point: my point was to make a serving table more like a real one, with two sides. But since cooks still need to collect trays - I can't completely separate kitchen from the canteen, and thus the idea failed. Not a tragedy - I tried and failed due to some limitations, but that's okay

Return to “Community Members”