Guards not using the security room

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Frannyan
level1
level1

Guards not using the security room

Postby Frannyan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:55 am

Slight headscratcher here. Old version, I made the security room and the guards went there to hang out when they weren't doing anything. New version, they just hang around outside the front gate or in the canteen and ignore the room unless I station them there (in which case, they never leave even when there's something to do.)

Any ideas?
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Re: Guards not using the security room

Postby Chewbacado » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:18 am

Security room has served no function in any alphas, except to congregate the staff as you have said. I wouldn't be worried. If you want, add some extra patrols to lower the idle workers. Meh.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 pm

I have to agree, whenever I start a prison with 2 guards one goes to guard the delivery and the other goes to the canteen leaving all my prisoners to free roam around the prison.

And it even says so if you research security "Currently doesn't serve a purpose"
djchill
level1
level1

Postby djchill » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:17 pm

I've joined my chief's office and security room and have all the CCTV monitors in there. Adding a few guard patrols to the security room looks alright,

Return to “Community Members”