Cheating the system

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

CplHenderson
level2
level2

Cheating the system

Postby CplHenderson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:24 pm

To get more money without more risk, simply get MinSec prisoners and reclassify them as MaxSec. They earn you $150 each, and they still have their nonviolent traits.

This should probably be fixed.
johho
level0

Re: Cheating the system

Postby johho » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:00 pm

...or just edit the savegame file with a text editor and add every credit balance you want :)
Delano888
level0

Postby Delano888 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Or just install the grant mod, take them all up, and sell your prison for 500+k, and buy unlimited new prisons with that!
(you can reload and re sell the prison).
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:13 pm

It is obvious that the game needs to be balanced, but we have yet to see every feature the game has to offer, so it will have to wait.

Chris already knows that these kind of exploits exist, as he even mentioned that the selling prisons feature was highly exploitable in that alpha video.
bandon41
level1
level1

Postby bandon41 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:55 pm

yea, even though changing the minsec prisoners to highsec prisoners to get more grant money without additional risk is something that should be looked at, but i don't have a problem with the changing the savefile and the grant mods.
i know that might sound weird, but the first is a bug, the higher grant money is meant to make up for the higher risk
but those 2 other methods are you just chosing to cheat

but that beeing said, a gamer who wants to cheat will find a way to cheat
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:42 pm

*bangs bleeding head against another wall*

These "cheats" have been known a very long time and have been posted in at least 50 topics by now..
May I suggest this feature for you?
bandon41
level1
level1

Postby bandon41 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Master-Guy wrote:*bangs bleeding head against another wall*

need a bandage?
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:08 am

These "cheats" have been known a very long time and have been posted in at least 50 topics by now..

I think you're overreacting there, sir. I was merely posting a thought. And for the record, I couldn't find anything with the search button.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 am

Perhaps it would make more sense eventually if prisoners' grant funds are fixed before arrival. The player may choose to reclassify them to better fit with their segregation scheme now that this feature has arrived. As far as the government on the outside is concerned, however, this is what you receive for this prisoner.

If you want to get really fancy, this value could change at parole hearings or evaluations based on the prisoners' behavior and input from the player. This is assuming this feature is still planned.
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 am

CplHenderson wrote:

I think you're overreacting there, sir. I was merely posting a thought. And for the record, I couldn't find anything with the search button.

Searching only on "cheat" alone gives me 8 topics.
search.php?keywords=cheat&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&fid%5B%5D=57&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300

Searching on "balance" gives me 5 hits and searching on "money" gives me 31 hits.
search.php?keywords=balance&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&fid%5B%5D=57&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300
search.php?keywords=money&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&fid%5B%5D=57&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300

It makes me wonder what you did try to search for..

Perhaps these links will show you all the tips & tricks already available on the forums.
There are a lot more available.
ylcard
level0

Postby ylcard » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:59 am

Master-Guy wrote:
CplHenderson wrote:

Searching only on "cheat" alone gives me 8 topics.
search.php?keywords=cheat&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&fid%5B%5D=57&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300

Searching on "balance" gives me 5 hits and searching on "money" gives me 31 hits.
search.php?keywords=balance&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&fid%5B%5D=57&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300
search.php?keywords=money&terms=all&author=&t=0&submit=Search&fid%5B%5D=57&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300

It makes me wonder what you did try to search for..

Perhaps these links will show you all the tips & tricks already available on the forums.
There are a lot more available.

Hey, first time poster here, the voice of common sense if you will.
It would be a good idea to stop complaining about people not searching, after all, your main gripe here is that they're wasting people's times and/or space (as in, their threads moving other threads down).
Ever thought about what do your posts contribute? And I do mean this kind, where you tell someone off for not using the search function, dragging the ongoing waste-of-time/space further.

Oh, and you were painfully wrong here, since you said at least 50 topics, and your own search results defy your claim.

May I suggest a more helpful attitude?

As per the OP, thankfully we're all aware of how unbalanced the game is in that regard, I'm positive they will address the issue, and since it's merely in the Alpha stage, there's plenty of time to get it sorted out.
Either way, it's paramount to discuss all the current issues we have, despite how often they are repeated.

Return to “Community Members”