Tips and tricks after 50 hours of gameplay

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Meeeps
level3
level3

Re: Tips and tricks after 50 hours of gameplay

Postby Meeeps » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:22 am

Vark wrote:So deliveries doesn't have to be next to the unloading trucks?
Because only food, metal plates and new prisoners will end up there since the rest will be instantly dropped off at the storage which they pass when walking towards deliveries?

Well, it matter, if you like workmen to carry the metal sheets to the workshop, you need unsecure deliveries zone, but that also means, food ingredients will also be carried by staff only. I prefer prisoners doing that work, so my deliveries zone is secure, we already in the workshop efficiency shop, we learned that using workmen instead prisoners is no big benefit around +5% more income
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:45 am

Vark wrote:
jois13 wrote:Can we have a screen shot of your prison! Love to see it! I'm like you I spend hours planning the prison...but then...I scrap it and spend another 7hours! :D
Joe

Here you go, if your screen isn't big enough: the link is below the picture :)

Probably there are a shitload of things wrong with it, every feedback is welcome! :mrgreen:

http://imgur.com/qq3ernM

rlgjiojgboirtjnb
level2
level2

Postby rlgjiojgboirtjnb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Vark wrote:Any pictures of efficient layouts? Would love to see all sorts of prisons people build!
In my defense, efficient is usually pretty ugly, which doesn't really fits my style of building :mrgreen:

How about a 666 prisoner prison without riots, murders, escapes and even injuries and producing 200k+ workshop a day? :)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46480

Regarding sinks, there is no direct regard between sinks and serving tables, it depends on the amount of time between feeding times. If you have a very short time between 2 meal times, you want a lot of sinks, if you have a lot of freetime inbetween, less sinks are required. You could even operate on only 1-2 sinks, 2 cooks just would be standing there all day cleaning, but it would work.

Fridges vs Cookers depends on the meal size you set in the regime. 1 Fridge for 2 Cookers works for maximum meal size, in case of medium less (i believe around 3:1) fridges are required.

And regarding worktime, meeps has a prison with 20h workshifts due to half prisoners working, rest fullfilling needs. In my 666 prison i have 11-12 hours worktime (13 works too but then the prison becomes slightly unstable, miniriots), so there is a lot of improvement left. Esp. tips such as putting phones/toilets/showers/weightlifting/tvs into the canteen and into the showers can reduce your freetime needs by a lot. During 2 hour eating period my prisoners fullfill most their other needs aswell since a single prisoner only requires about 30-45minutes for eating and spends the rest of the time sitting on a bench if he doesnt have other items in the canteen.

PS: Your prison looks pretty nice, but it is really inefficient! :)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:15 pm

rlgjiojgboirtjnb wrote:
Vark wrote:Any pictures of efficient layouts? Would love to see all sorts of prisons people build!
In my defense, efficient is usually pretty ugly, which doesn't really fits my style of building :mrgreen:

How about a 666 prisoner prison without riots, murders, escapes and even injuries and producing 200k+ workshop a day? :)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46480

Regarding sinks, there is no direct regard between sinks and serving tables, it depends on the amount of time between feeding times. If you have a very short time between 2 meal times, you want a lot of sinks, if you have a lot of freetime inbetween, less sinks are required. You could even operate on only 1-2 sinks, 2 cooks just would be standing there all day cleaning, but it would work.

Fridges vs Cookers depends on the meal size you set in the regime. 1 Fridge for 2 Cookers works for maximum meal size, in case of medium less (i believe around 3:1) fridges are required.

And regarding worktime, meeps has a prison with 20h workshifts due to half prisoners working, rest fullfilling needs. In my 666 prison i have 11-12 hours worktime (13 works too but then the prison becomes slightly unstable, miniriots), so there is a lot of improvement left. Esp. tips such as putting phones/toilets/showers/weightlifting/tvs into the canteen and into the showers can reduce your freetime needs by a lot. During 2 hour eating period my prisoners fullfill most their other needs aswell since a single prisoner only requires about 30-45minutes for eating and spends the rest of the time sitting on a bench if he doesnt have other items in the canteen.

PS: Your prison looks pretty nice, but it is really inefficient! :)

And how about a huge lag?
rlgjiojgboirtjnb
level2
level2

Postby rlgjiojgboirtjnb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:22 pm

thekillergreece wrote:And how about a huge lag?

Huge? Lol! Try enormous! 60-90 minutes per ingame day!
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:08 pm

rlgjiojgboirtjnb wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:And how about a huge lag?

Huge? Lol! Try enormous! 60-90 minutes per ingame day!

Can you upload it on workshop? I am gonna try and test it.
rlgjiojgboirtjnb
level2
level2

Postby rlgjiojgboirtjnb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Ive got it uploaded on sendspace in the linked thread, is that ok?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:22 pm

rlgjiojgboirtjnb wrote:Ive got it uploaded on sendspace in the linked thread, is that ok?

Nvm forget it, its huge which means huge lags.

Return to “Community Members”