(Mod) Town Mod

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

(Mod) Town Mod

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Want to turn your game into differently?Try Town Mod!

This will replace all your staff(Currently only guards)into a new model look. Guards into Police Officers, Admins into Prime Ministers, etc. As well as some objects replacement. And of course, new contraband locations, which would lead into challenging game or expand gameplay.

Download the mod below, found any bugs in mod or something? Pm. Feedback?Post feedbacks here and thanks! I want some support if you guys could give some.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/50g3hk4orellz ... %20Mod.rar
How to install?Go to C# > Users > UserName > AppData > Introversion > Prison Architect > Mods and paste your files there.

SNEAK PEAK

Update 1: Added Pics(Note: Not all are here, if you want to see the other staff replacement, download the mod and try. I will try replace more staff as soon as I can)

Update 2: Alpha 2 released! Featuring most contraband changes and added new contraband locations. Copy any materials.txt you want in Contraband folder, fair,unfair and or challenging, and paste in "data" of Town Mod folder.
I tried to make emergency lights of Emergency vehicles, but it is impossible, so that ability will be scrapped. So bad. Some contraband(That originally are not in Alpha15), can be stolen but seemingly cannot be used by prisoners for programming reasons. Done some more objects tweaks/changes. Good luck and have fun playing ;). And mostly, be careful on challenging difficulty of contraband locations, your staff will easily get killed by heavily armed prisoners. Choose that difficult if you want some fun. Link updated,over.

Update 3: Upcoming features in Alpha 3 listed.

Update 4: Alpha 3 released! Featuring a fix on a moderate bug that made the game crash, a few contraband icons changes(!), a save file where guards are armed(Adding new guards will only be equiped with batons), a few staff colour changes, and some staff will have graphically contraband on them, added some colours on some contrabands such as Mop or Rake and a few secrets more! Have fun!

Update 5: Alpha 4 released! It will be the last alpha build. Thats all you will get until Alpha16 be released or until the mod gets a lot supporters. Just a minor update on emergency vehicles, Ui colour and emergency buttons text. Nothing really important, just expanded the realistic looking. Merry Christmas. Removed the upcoming features, because those are scrapped, I will only change colour staff, texts and some contraband locations. Removed 2 pics as well, as they are outdated and dont mean that more players will love my mod seeing those useless pics.

Update 6: Alpha 5 released! Town Mod is now available on Steam Workshop! Subscribe to it so you will be the first one to receive first updates of the mod! Changed some door's colours, added new contraband and new contraband location, see Log.txt for more info. Merry Christmas!

Update 7: Work has returned. I hired a graphic designer developer. Generally, HE/SHE was interested in joining with my team. We done a lot work for the next Alpha 6 update. I also added 2 sneak pics on the next alpha update. I dont post more, so you will have to wait on the next alpha update. Removed the pic since it is outdated. I covered the sneak peaks so you will be wondering what's behind the scenes. Stay tuned ;)

Update 8: Alpha 6 released! This one is the major alpha update we have ever released. EVAR!!!!EVAR!!!! All thanks to our new graphic designer developer, we removed 2 old guards(At the moment!) and added new. We also added unused staff to be usable. Try the mod so you will understand. Ton on materials.txt changes...Ton of!!! Added HD Quality on tileset...for the moment. Thanks Spenny. Lawyers are now useful! I can't post more and more what new features Alpha 6 has, read the features on Log.txt. Have fun playing!!
Last edited by thekillergreece on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 14 times in total.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Re: (Mod) Town Mod

Postby rsdworker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Nice :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Some screenshots would be nice...

xander
rorycar8898
level1
level1

Postby rorycar8898 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:22 am

What happens to the prisoners? do they turn into citizens? And are cells rooms or houses? I agree with Xander, some screenshots would be nice
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:07 am

Saw this pic in another thread...

thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 am

Added pics. Thoughts?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 am

rorycar8898 wrote:What happens to the prisoners? do they turn into citizens? And are cells rooms or houses? I agree with Xander, some screenshots would be nice

Without any one of your help, I wont able to change prisoners into citizens because they dont exist on people.png so I cant colour them nor change their appearance...
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 am

Alpha 2 for the Town Mod released, have fun ;)
planettop92
level2
level2

Postby planettop92 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 pm

This is pretty cool, I gotta try it out soon. :)

Prisoners exist as a bunch of parts on the far right of people.png. Modifying the parts will change the appearance of the prisoners. I believe the white/greyish color is all that really changes depending on skin color and risk level of the prisoner. If you add other colors, then you probably won't see a difference (not tested). The first four rows are the uniforms. I'm not sure what the three rows after that are, but I'm guessing visitor bodies. Then, four rows of prisoner nakedness. And finally a bunch of heads: 15 rows of visitor heads on the left and 29 rows of prisoner heads on the right. Additionally, there's a baby with its body at the very end.
rorycar8898
level1
level1

Postby rorycar8898 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:13 pm

I tried downloading it, but it just crashes the game. Is there a way to fix it? I'm on a mac, so that might be the problem.
Terminaaaattori
level1
level1

Postby Terminaaaattori » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:30 pm

When I try to activate the mod, it just says "Fatal error"
Help? :(
Anyway, mod seems good. I like the idea of "Town Architect"
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Terminaaaattori wrote:When I try to activate the mod, it just says "Fatal error"
Help? :(
Anyway, mod seems good. I like the idea of "Town Architect"

Just ignore it, it wont crash nor do effect on the gameplay/game. Just be happy what I gave you :)
Last edited by thekillergreece on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:52 pm

rorycar8898 wrote:I tried downloading it, but it just crashes the game. Is there a way to fix it? I'm on a mac, so that might be the problem.

Hmm, did you copy and pasted materials.txt on Data of Town mod? If yes, that could be the problem.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Your thumbnail.png is corrupted / damaged. Replace it or remove it from your mod and the issue will get fixed.

thekillergreece wrote:Just be happy what I gave you :)

That's not possible when it crashes the game...
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:06 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:Your thumbnail.png is corrupted / damaged. Replace it or remove it from your mod and the issue will get fixed.

thekillergreece wrote:Just be happy what I gave you :)

That's not possible when it crashes the game...

Thanks for your bug reporting, I will fix it on next alpha version. Tomorrow maybe.

And no, it dont crash the game, dude.

Return to “Community Members”