Riots

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

knoest26
level5
level5

Riots

Postby knoest26 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm not sure whether it's a feature/bug/glitch/whatever but I think riot are too 'deadly'. Whenever I have a riot in my prison I get like 80 dead bodies, 20 in solitary + 130 awaiting and 90 needing medical attention.

I think the current riots are too large, I would like to see occasional fights between 20 or so prisoners. ofcourse these large scale riots could happen but right now if you have one riot your prisonvaluation is screwed for ever.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Re: Riots

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 pm

If prisoners see fight, they would love to involve in fighting just for fun. If you dont get what you want like PS4 that you wanted for years, then you will riot like the prisoners or whatever.

Riots are common to be deadly. From my opinion, riots are buggy and still childish. Prisoners are dumb enough that they dont escape, neither steal contrabands in room or set prison on fire or set barricades.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:10 pm

thekillergreece wrote:If prisoners see fight, they would love to involve in fighting just for fun. If you dont get what you want like PS4 that you wanted for years, then you will riot like the prisoners or whatever.

Riots are common to be deadly. From my opinion, riots are buggy and still childish. Prisoners are dumb enough that they dont escape, neither steal contrabands in room or set prison on fire or set barricades.

sometimes they do escape - not all always
stoner7
level1
level1

Postby stoner7 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:02 pm

I agree with the OP. Riots are game killers. Especially bad when you don't have 100 to 300 to hire the riot squads. You can do nothing except watch your prison and many, many hours of patient work go down the tubes. even with riot squads, the damage is extensive. Often those members and your entire guard force are killed.

That's one reason I save often. When a large 80+ riot breaks out, there is no recovery. I load the savegame and continue.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:03 pm

I agree:

(mostly guards)

I need a morgue with around 100 morgue slaps to survive a riot.
Last edited by Meeeps on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Little tip, although untested (I never had any riots except for one time when I deliberately deprived them of everything because I wanted to experience the feature :P): I believe Prisoners who see a Riot going on join in. If that is true, hitting the Bangup button the moment a riot breaks out should significantly reduce the number of prisoners joining in.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25 am

Also interesting, prisoners tend not to try to break out at riots, if I let the game run away and a riot happen, I come back, every guard is dead, but all prisoners are still in, why?
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:40 am

The thing I don't like is the prisoner mentality of "KILL THEM KILL THEM KILL THEM KILL THEM!!!!!".
perryliu97
level2
level2

Postby perryliu97 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:07 am

But I like riots :(

I trigger them intentionally for fun. Otherwise, my over guarded hellhole never sees anything fun.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:05 pm

I feel that riots need to spread less quickly, and there needs to be ways to better isolate riots. The entire prison shouldn't shut down because one area has an issue brewing. Meanwhile, the rest of the prison doesn't like being confined to their cell, and issues start there as well. It's a vicious circle that's difficult to break. We're essentially talking about partial lockdowns or something similar to allow non-affected areas to continue to function normally.

Earlier in this thread I outlined how the game doesn't currently equip the player to deal with large riots. Either more riot police need to be available, or the player needs additional less-lethal weaponry to quickly bring minor riots and larger fights under control.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:40 pm

I think THATS why Chris is developing on guards having to be armed with automatic weapons, so they can kill rioters easily..Or at least, there should be air conditioner which you can use it to flow tear gas, dropping rioters uncoscious
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:54 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I think THATS why Chris is developing on guards having to be armed with automatic weapons, so they can kill rioters easily..Or at least, there should be air conditioner which you can use it to flow tear gas, dropping rioters uncoscious

You mean to flow gas in a chamber with people to subdue them, pretty sure that's illegal after WWII
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 pm

knoest26 wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I think THATS why Chris is developing on guards having to be armed with automatic weapons, so they can kill rioters easily..Or at least, there should be air conditioner which you can use it to flow tear gas, dropping rioters uncoscious

You mean to flow gas in a chamber with people to subdue them, pretty sure that's illegal after WWII

Some games have that feature, air conditioners to flow gas to drop or kill people.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:30 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
knoest26 wrote:

Some games have that feature, air conditioners to flow gas to drop or kill people.

Auschwitz Simulator 2013? doesn't sound like a lot of fun :evil:
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:40 am

The only way I'd advocate arming guards with lethal weapons is if/when there's an ability to ensure they can't fall into prisoners' hands. The indoor fence idea was a good one in addition to guard towers. It's just not realistic, from my geographic perspective, to have guards patrolling the halls pushing past prisoners with lethal weapons.

Return to “Community Members”