Inability to Skip Cutscenes

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

TheNo1Yeti
level0

Inability to Skip Cutscenes

Postby TheNo1Yeti » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:35 am

So from what I can tell there is absolutely no ability in game to skip the cutscenes. I could honestly care less about why the dude is on death row or anything else. I get it, it's the tutorial as well. Still don't care, and don't really appreciate the fact that the game assumes I am so pants on head dense that I can't figure out how to press the right buttons on my own without this drag along tutorial.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: Inability to Skip Cutscenes

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:39 am

Then just wait until the first cutscene ends, and open the menu to start a new prison...

The reason why a cutscene skip function hasn't been implemented is because a full scenario doesn't exist yet that prompts the urgent need for one.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Then just wait until the first cutscene ends, and open the menu to start a new prison...

The reason why a cutscene skip function hasn't been implemented is because a full scenario doesn't exist yet that prompts the urgent need for one.

Neither a tutorial exists. A video tutorial I mean..On how to make a campaign..
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 am

Sure there is! The Alpha 15 release video had Chris giving some instruction on how to get started. Then, all a modder has to do is reference the tutorial campaign that already exists, and learn from that.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:30 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Sure there is! The Alpha 15 release video had Chris giving some instruction on how to get started. Then, all a modder has to do is reference the tutorial campaign that already exists, and learn from that.

I meant, make your OWN campaign.. :S
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:48 am

That's what I was referring to...
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:04 am

RGeezy911 wrote:That's what I was referring to...

In that video, I dont see anything about "How to make controlable A.I(Prisoner)" or how to make events...Just shows ready scripted event, nothing else.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:09 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Then, all a modder has to do is reference the tutorial campaign that already exists, and learn from that.

If you cannot read, then I will stop posting.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:20 am

RGeezy911 wrote:
RGeezy911 wrote:Then, all a modder has to do is reference the tutorial campaign that already exists, and learn from that.

If you cannot read, then I will stop posting.

Right.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:47 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I meant, make your OWN campaign.. :S

Since RGeezy911 has given up on you, I will try one more time: Introversion have provided a sample or test scenario in the most recent release. This scenario (presumably) implements most (if not all) of the scriptable elements that exist in the game at this time. If you want to create your own scenario, understanding that scenario should get you started. If you want "to make controlable[sic] A.I(Prisoner)[sic]", open up that scenario, look at the lua scripts, and try to figure out how IV make their controllable, scriptable NPCs. That is probably the closest that you are ever going to get to documentation from IV, though there are probably some crazy people that will create documentation on the Wiki at some point.

xander
ascdren
level1
level1

Postby ascdren » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 pm

xander wrote:

Since RGeezy911 has given up on you, I will try one more time: Introversion have provided a sample or test scenario in the most recent release. This scenario (presumably) implements most (if not all) of the scriptable elements that exist in the game at this time. If you want to create your own scenario, understanding that scenario should get you started. If you want "to make controlable[sic] A.I(Prisoner)[sic]", open up that scenario, look at the lua scripts, and try to figure out how IV make their controllable, scriptable NPCs. That is probably the closest that you are ever going to get to documentation from IV, though there are probably some crazy people that will create documentation on the Wiki at some point.

xander

why is there no ability to 'like' a post?

LIKED
ascdren
level1
level1

Postby ascdren » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:54 pm

go dig the bit of code out of here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7l7NgpJdp1sVEY4ZUpVVGJsUzA/edit?usp=sharing

it should be in one of the lua files.

FYI if you had a better attitude I might have dug out the snippet of code needed to control characters but your loss

EDIT: because I got curious I went hunting for the code that created edward in the introduction.

It is buried in the deathrow.prision file and is as follows

Code: Select all

BEGIN "[i 444]"    Id.i 444  Id.u 186654  Type Actor  Pos.x 60.6831  Pos.y 67.7892  Or.x 1.00000  Or.y 0.000000  Name Edward  Sprite Edward  PermitPlayerControl true  END

so if you want a campaign with controlable characters in you will need to go edit the .prision file you are using, hope that helps
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:50 am

xander wrote:

xander

Yet, no video tutorial, thanks.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:51 am

ascdren wrote:

go dig the bit of code out of here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7l7NgpJdp1sVEY4ZUpVVGJsUzA/edit?usp=sharing

it should be in one of the lua files.

FYI if you had a better attitude I might have dug out the snippet of code needed to control characters but your loss

EDIT: because I got curious I went hunting for the code that created edward in the introduction.

It is buried in the deathrow.prision file and is as follows

Code: Select all

BEGIN "[i 444]"    Id.i 444  Id.u 186654  Type Actor  Pos.x 60.6831  Pos.y 67.7892  Or.x 1.00000  Or.y 0.000000  Name Edward  Sprite Edward  PermitPlayerControl true  END

so if you want a campaign with controlable characters in you will need to go edit the .prision file you are using, hope that helps

Needs permission.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

Yet, no video tutorial, thanks.

I have bolded and highlighted the relevant part in my original post. It is unlikely that IV will ever produce a vast amount of documentation for the modding system. The players/modders are going to have to figure it out on their own. This mythical video that you want is likely never going to happen.

xander

Return to “Community Members”