Can't see newly installed mods

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

DubstepCheese
level0

Can't see newly installed mods

Postby DubstepCheese » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:04 am

Well after a long hiatus I decided to play prison architect again after the announcement of the mod support :D

But when I place the mod files into my mods folder I can't seem to see them in the mods menu :(
Do I need to download a software or something?
Pls Reply :D
ascdren
level1
level1

Re: Can't see newly installed mods

Postby ascdren » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:26 am

3 questions.

1) are you unzipping the mod? if not then it won't work
2) are you using steam? if so did you have to create a mod folder? if you answered yes to both parts you're in the wrong place.
3) are you using old mods? if so they don't work, you'll have to wait for people to convert there files over as they need a few tweaks
Natdaprat
level0

Postby Natdaprat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:27 am

ascdren wrote:3 questions.

2) are you using steam? if so did you have to create a mod folder? if you answered yes to both parts you're in the wrong place.

Sorry I'm new to this forum (but not the game) but are you saying that there are important differences between the Steam version and the DRM free version? I am having the same problem as the OP. I didn't have to create a new folder, but the Grants mod is not working when I followed the instructions from the wiki. I unpacked it and placed it into the mods folder and restarted the game, but nothing. Perhaps it's outdated?
Bertie
level1
level1

Postby Bertie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:07 am

The mods have to go into C:\Users\<username>AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\mods. You then create a folder for the mod containing the data folder along with a manifest.txt file that contains the information about the mod (without this it won't show up in the game).

If you grab these two examples it should make it clear:

http://files.sticed.com/index.php/files ... grants.rar
http://files.sticed.com/index.php/files ... crisis.rar
Swi1ch
level0

Postby Swi1ch » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Bertie wrote:The mods have to go into C:\Users\<username>AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\mods. You then create a folder for the mod containing the data folder along with a manifest.txt file that contains the information about the mod (without this it won't show up in the game).

If you grab these two examples it should make it clear:

http://files.sticed.com/index.php/files ... grants.rar
http://files.sticed.com/index.php/files ... crisis.rar

Thanks, the wiki wasn't exactly clear about this.
ascdren
level1
level1

Postby ascdren » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Natdaprat wrote:
ascdren wrote:3 questions.

Sorry I'm new to this forum (but not the game) but are you saying that there are important differences between the Steam version and the DRM free version? I am having the same problem as the OP. I didn't have to create a new folder, but the Grants mod is not working when I followed the instructions from the wiki. I unpacked it and placed it into the mods folder and restarted the game, but nothing. Perhaps it's outdated?

the only difference is with the steam version you will end up with two sets of saves, this is just due to how steam stores and access games.

Return to “Community Members”