Modding Prison Architect

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

nekjjw
level1
level1

Re: Modding Prison Architect

Postby nekjjw » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:21 pm

I came across a mod today which effectively kills prisoners. I was wondering what the position is on "death mods"?
Puman
level1
level1

Postby Puman » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:10 pm

nekjjw wrote:I came across a mod today which effectively kills prisoners. I was wondering what the position is on "death mods"?

I was thinking today about implementing a functional death chair, but I didn't have the heart to go through with it. :(

Working on something fun instead :D
nekjjw
level1
level1

Postby nekjjw » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Same, amongst a few other ideas. I know the topic is a bit controversial on the forums so kind of wanted an indication one way or another. I may have to just go for it and leave it to people to decide.

Either way I believe any mods should be fairly ethical, within modding limitations I guess.
Eeevah
level0

Postby Eeevah » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:19 am

Because of the .BMP font system, It's very hard to translate the game with Asain language.
This game can only use 16x16=256 characters in the font, while there's thousands of characters in a Asian language.
So, if there's some way to make Asian fonts, or just this game support non-alphabet characters, it will be simple to translate the game with chinese, korean, and japenese.

http://imgur.com/a/NwKGb
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310983435

This is the translated game that I made, and it uses external program so it has many bugs. And cannot publish with Steam Workshop.
You developers can make asian fonts easily, but that will be hard to modders. So you must help us.
Smodd
level1
level1

Postby Smodd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Hey there,

after implementing unicode in Prison Architect I'm kinda struggling. I'm translating the game into german and I can't work out how to get PA working with the mutated vowels:

ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü

If this is a complete unicode implementation - why doesn't it display those characters ingame, if I have no files in the modded font-folder?

Please help :)

Greetings, Smodd
Sarukas
level0

Postby Sarukas » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Smodd wrote:Hey there,

after implementing unicode in Prison Architect I'm kinda struggling. I'm translating the game into german and I can't work out how to get PA working with the mutated vowels:

ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü

If this is a complete unicode implementation - why doesn't it display those characters ingame, if I have no files in the modded font-folder?

Please help :)

Greetings, Smodd

Yes, same problem for me. I'm translating to Lithuanian language but it doesn't support it's letters: ą, č, ę, ė, į, š, ų, ū, ž.
thedarkiller123
level0

Postby thedarkiller123 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:14 pm

the mods are really cool: D

Return to “Community Members”