[Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Gamecub
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 am

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby Gamecub » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:57 pm

JSD wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:To be honest, prisoners in Death Row will never riot...


Prisoner who are already in death row basically have nothing to lose. Prisoners that have nothing to lose are the worst. They accepted the fact that they either dying in prison, or have to spend there entire life behind bars/in prison. Therefor; that category should be riot material. Death Row prisoners are one of the highest security prisoners for that fact alone. It doesn't matter what they do, they are in death row..


I totally disagree. It depends on a prisoner's inner traits. Higher security aren't less likely or more likely to riot. If you're spending the rest of your life behind bars, you want that to be as cozy of a life as possible, so you're nice to the guards, you have good behavior, and they allow you more freedoms and liberties. You riot, you are in solitary which can be considered one of the levels of hell for some people. It all depends if the person is a shit disturber or not.
JaymesKeller
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby JaymesKeller » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 am

I can't help but feel..ah, who am I kidding, believe that some people want real world topics to factor into a game. Having a death row, or even a whole-life tariff is unethical? Excuse me? This is the same company that created a hacking game (Uplink), and a game that allows you the power to throw nukes at cities (Defcon). This this Introversion software, not Fischer-Price! I'm not saying that a reaction to killing a prisoner shouldn't exist. I mean there are ways to have some kind of consequence if you do it wrong, like:

-You can only get away with doing it a certain number of times
-If you exceed that number, you (in universe, anyways) lose your Architect's Licence or something along those lines.
-Do it properly, nothing happens. That's it.
-Of course, users should choose if they want to have this system or not, after all, no-one should tell anyone what they can and can't do with their game.
-It also goes without saying that in career/campaign/story/whatever mode, it's always on, and part of the storyline might involve something like that.

You either live with the consequences of a wrongful execution, or reload your game, or disable the system in creative mode. It's not that hard. It does help if the game tries to forge a connection between you and the prisoners, mind.
UberFuber
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby UberFuber » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:11 am

JaymesKeller wrote:I can't help but feel..ah, who am I kidding, believe that some people want real world topics to factor into a game. Having a death row, or even a whole-life tariff is unethical? Excuse me? This is the same company that created a hacking game (Uplink), and a game that allows you the power to throw nukes at cities (Defcon). This this Introversion software, not Fischer-Price! I'm not saying that a reaction to killing a prisoner shouldn't exist. I mean there are ways to have some kind of consequence if you do it wrong, like:

-You can only get away with doing it a certain number of times
-If you exceed that number, you (in universe, anyways) lose your Architect's Licence or something along those lines.
-Do it properly, nothing happens. That's it.
-Of course, users should choose if they want to have this system or not, after all, no-one should tell anyone what they can and can't do with their game.
-It also goes without saying that in career/campaign/story/whatever mode, it's always on, and part of the storyline might involve something like that.

You either live with the consequences of a wrongful execution, or reload your game, or disable the system in creative mode. It's not that hard. It does help if the game tries to forge a connection between you and the prisoners, mind.

I would prefer a more fluid system. Perhaps even a way to "influence" the outcome.
One possibility is for how you treat the prisoner to effect the legal system. If you setup your prison such that a lot of your violent prisoner re-offend, you may "sway" the public opinion to support death penalty. Conversely, you can spend resources (granting access of to therapy, library, etc) to rehabilitate your violent and death-row inmates, and your action could sway the public opinion to repeal death penalty.
Kezarus
level1
level1
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby Kezarus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:10 am

Man, you are focusing a LOT in a debate about morals and right or wrong in a GAME. This is a game, not even a slightest violent as some that you kill other simbols for people (or aliens). We should talk more about gameplay and the like, don't we?

Sure, if you don't like Death Row in your prison for a number of reasons, well, click a button and none of this type of prisoner is delivered in your prison. Just like the system that we already have.

On the other hand, if you DO want them in your prison I don't think you should decide or not his sentence. The judge do this, the prison system only execute the order. But you CAN give such death inmates good accommodations until his time is due. Maybe to prevent him from rioting, maybe out of mercy. And just remember that his sentence could be changed, by the judge to any other. From life sentence to innocent.
User avatar
Ric666
level3
level3
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby Ric666 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:44 am

Kezarus wrote:Man, you are focusing a LOT in a debate about morals and right or wrong in a GAME. This is a game, not even a slightest violent as some that you kill other simbols for people (or aliens). We should talk more about gameplay and the like, don't we?

Sure, if you don't like Death Row in your prison for a number of reasons, well, click a button and none of this type of prisoner is delivered in your prison. Just like the system that we already have.

On the other hand, if you DO want them in your prison I don't think you should decide or not his sentence. The judge do this, the prison system only execute the order. But you CAN give such death inmates good accommodations until his time is due. Maybe to prevent him from rioting, maybe out of mercy. And just remember that his sentence could be changed, by the judge to any other. From life sentence to innocent.


Agreed. People take stuff on here way too seriously when we're really talking about a sprite game....

A new category of Death row prisoners would be a nice additional imo. They added an electric chair almost at release. Why else would they add if we weren't going to get to fry some peeps. I would also like some other methods. Lethal injection or just for fun, a firing squad!(yes I know that will never make into the game because of human rights, stupid human rights! :P)

I'd also quite like a graveyard to take the dead bodies. More deaths, more space required which goes hand in hand with death row. It could also double up a place of recreation (graveyards are nice places for reflection & are quite attractive if kept well)

A special specific cell or new zone in the deployment screen could also be introduced for death row only that could have it's own requirements.

Finally, I don't think we will get the decision who to fry & probably shouldn't. As has been stated already, this is not the way it works in RL.
export
level0
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby export » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:51 am

Eviscerae wrote: love it, or hate it, it's a major facet of the prison system today,


No it's not every humane country has already accepted that death penalty is absolute babaric and not tollerable.

Man, you are focusing a LOT in a debate about morals and right or wrong in a GAME. This is a game, not even a slightest violent as some that you kill other simbols for people (or aliens). We should talk more about gameplay and the like, don't we?

This game focus is to simulate a Prison Architect and yes morals need to be in there or else the simulation wouldn't be complete. If there is no weight to your decisions then there is no reason to play
Kezarus
level1
level1
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby Kezarus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:33 pm

export wrote:This game focus is to simulate a Prison Architect and yes morals need to be in there or else the simulation wouldn't be complete. If there is no weight to your decisions then there is no reason to play


The moral discussion is really off-place in this forum. It's a game forum. Yes, the game intent is to shock you, specially in the first mission. I think they will place some more of those, but in the future.

Yep, your actions have to matter, specialy in a building type game. What do you sugest? :)
crazytown1
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 am
Location: northern ireland

Re: [Suggestion] DEATH ROW :D

Postby crazytown1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Daimaju wrote:
Kadzi wrote:You should have your own control, if you want to give them bad lives and enjoy it, do it.

But not control about life or death, this is beyond stupid.

This is a prison "sim", not, as mentioned above, call of stupid.
Executions should not be "fun", they should confront you with a serious topic and make you think - just like they did it in the introduction.



I think most people are going to buy this game to have fun playing a game....not as an opportunity to search deep within their souls. And someone also said that killing humans should not be fun...and i totally agree, but we won't be killing humans will we? We won't be killing anything.
Folks have probably played def-con, did you all cry yourselves to sleep that night thinking about all the millions of 'people' you killed?

While I agree that the death penalty is a serious topic of discussion, this is a game, this isn't going to chance the worlds opinion on it, yeah sure it might make a couple people think, but 99.9% of folks playing this game are playing for one reason - fun. If people wanna, fry little sprites till their hearts are content, so what. If people wanna turn off the option to receive death row inmate, so what!! Someones decision to accept or not accept death row inmates is up to them, it doesn't effect our own game.


I would like to see death row implemented, Regardless of my real world opinions on the topic, i think in this computer game it would be a bit of FUN. I would say they will leave this to one of the last updates, keep us keen, they have us by the balls!!lol

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests