I am deeply dissapointed about the update(14b)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Sienihemmo
level0

Re: I am deeply dissapointed about the update(14b)

Postby Sienihemmo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 pm

What does it matter? 3 guards will win over a prisoner 100% of the time. This way, if there are more than 1 violent prisoner, the guards are more evenly spread to deal with them.

Example:
You have 4 guards in the yard at yard time. 2 of the prisoners start fighting eachother. With the old system, all of the guards focus on just one prisoner (the one closest to the guards), leaving the other one to do whatever he pleases until you notice him and move more guards to the area. Or, with the new system, 3 of the guards focus on one prisoner and one on the other prisoner.

The spread is much more even, and this helps handling larger scale situations like riots, when a whole squad of riot police doesn't pile up on just one prisoner.

Sure, it looked funny when you got 6 guards and 6 dogs to attack a single prisoner because he decided to break his own bed, but that got old pretty fast. Besides, it's an alpha so things are bound to change quite a bit, and they might still change in the beta or even after the official release.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Sienihemmo wrote:What does it matter? 3 guards will win over a prisoner 100% of the time. This way, if there are more than 1 violent prisoner, the guards are more evenly spread to deal with them.

I disagree if the prisoner is armed with weapons(Pistol or shotgun) or with Hammer...
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:57 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I disagree if the prisoner is armed with weapons(Pistol or shotgun) or with Hammer...

And that is what's called balance... The developers have not yet started working on balancing the game. Rest assured when it does, your issue will be resolved. This is not expected to happen until we enter the beta stages of development. You need more patience.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 am

My steam game updated to 'Alpha 14h' which it said was 'Interim Update', but it's not on the blog??????????
It was a kind of fix, released on 2 Nov.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:44 am

RGeezy911 wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I disagree if the prisoner is armed with weapons(Pistol or shotgun) or with Hammer...

And that is what's called balance... The developers have not yet started working on balancing the game. Rest assured when it does, your issue will be resolved. This is not expected to happen until we enter the beta stages of development. You need more patience.

It would be good if guards would be able to start killing prisoners if prisoners killed a lot staff and visitors...A prisoner killed 5 guards with his gun, 2 visitors and 2 prisoners and still lives...This is innacceptable for me...This one is easy to balance, like they did to Guard Dogs
notsatan
level1
level1

Postby notsatan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 am

Nobody cares about better and realistic game so I doubt if people demand the better A.I guard reaction be back..

Nobody cares about? Literally nobody? That statement is objectively wrong, because I and do care about having a better and more realistic game. What a silly comment to make.
:roll:
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:13 am

notsatan wrote:
Nobody cares about better and realistic game so I doubt if people demand the better A.I guard reaction be back..

Nobody cares about? Literally nobody? That statement is objectively wrong, because I and do care about having a better and more realistic game. What a silly comment to make.
:roll:

How about the drop soap? Chris, if I am not wrong, also stated there wont be multi-floors, making it unrealistic game, no inspiration from real life prisons..

Return to “Community Members”