I am deeply dissapointed about the update(14b)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

I am deeply dissapointed about the update(14b)

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

I am deeply dissapointed about something. Not only they fixed the annoying bugs but...

THEY ALSO REMOVED REALISTIC A.I REACTION LIMITS!

What I mean?

Before Alpha 14 release, only 3 guards would react to a violent prisoner. If there are 10 guards on sight and see the prisoner doing a violent action, ONLY 3 OF THEM will react. The rest, they will bet on who will win. Such id!ots...

Now that Alpha14 added, the limit has increased by 3. Total 6 guards can react to a violent prisoner. If there are 10 guards, only 6 of them will react. However, 10 guards and 10 dog handler, will result into 6 guards and 6 dog handlers(With dogs involving as well). Which was fantastic work and very funny...I laughed...It was also realistic as well. It would be really stupid for 10 guards and only 3 of them would involve...

Now, either Chris or Mark, made the guard reaction lame again. Again, only 3 of them will react. As well as on dog handlers. Like, 2 guards and 1 dog handler. This is the worst update! I hope they will change back the behavior! I want a better game! I dont want a game which your guards will not do what you want...

God, only 3 of 20 security personel will involve to a thread on sight...God...

Edit: The odd thing is that, if there are 10 violent prisoner vs a guard, only 6 of violent prisoners will react and kill guard...Meanwhile on the other side, only 3 of 20 security personel will involve and stop a violent prisoner... What?
111none
level4
level4

Re: I am deeply dissapointed about the update(14b)

Postby 111none » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:55 am

Well, their motives may not be the same, and I cannot tell if this is a troll post or not. The problem lies in the fact that from what it seems, they may have moved the original coding for the AI simulation. However this is a beta issue to sort out the kinks in the code, as long as it is functioning somewhat as intended it can be left AS-IS until beta.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 am

111none wrote:Well, their motives may not be the same, and I cannot tell if this is a troll post or not. The problem lies in the fact that from what it seems, they may have moved the original coding for the AI simulation. However this is a beta issue to sort out the kinks in the code, as long as it is functioning somewhat as intended it can be left AS-IS until beta.

No, no! It is not troll post, cmon...I am dissapointed about that reverting change...
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:28 am

thekillergreece wrote:
111none wrote:Well, their motives may not be the same, and I cannot tell if this is a troll post or not. The problem lies in the fact that from what it seems, they may have moved the original coding for the AI simulation. However this is a beta issue to sort out the kinks in the code, as long as it is functioning somewhat as intended it can be left AS-IS until beta.

No, no! It is not troll post, cmon...I am dissapointed about that reverting change...

It will be changed back with enough pressure.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:03 pm

111none wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:

It will be changed back with enough pressure.

Nobody cares about better and realistic game so I doubt if people demand the better A.I guard reaction be back..
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Nobody cares about better and realistic game so I doubt if people demand the better A.I guard reaction be back..

Well if that's your completely backwards and mistaken belief about everyone playing the alpha, why even bother posting?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

mred209 wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Nobody cares about better and realistic game so I doubt if people demand the better A.I guard reaction be back..

Well if that's your completely backwards and mistaken belief about everyone playing the alpha, why even bother posting?

So I will be the first guy complaining about the ridiculous change that the other fool people wont complain at all.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:08 pm

No, you are not the first person to complain about something trivial. You could have made a more polite suggestion. The game is still in Alpha, and many things have yet to be added.. Bug fixes, balancing, and exploits will be tended to later.

Stop bashing one whole update because they reverted one small detail in the game. They work hard on this while you sit around, play their work, and complain about the smallest of things. It's irritating...
totte1015
level1
level1

Postby totte1015 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:03 pm

When is Alpha 15 coming?

I think dog was a gimmick and just paused playing until next alpha
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Late this month, as Chris (the developer) is having a new addition to his family. It was mentioned in Alpha 14's patch notes.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Late this month, as Chris (the developer) is having a new addition to his family. It was mentioned in Alpha 14's patch notes.

Maybe it will be released in December or January...Because I doubt if Chris continued development for Alpha15 for a while...Did he?
yos233
level1
level1

Postby yos233 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:56 am

It was said in the patch notes, as RGeezy911 noted, as well as in the Alpha 14 video, that there would be a new release at the end of November. Since nothing new has come from IV, I think we can assume that this timeframe still stands.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:12 am

yos233 wrote:It was said in the patch notes, as RGeezy911 noted, as well as in the Alpha 14 video, that there would be a new release at the end of November. Since nothing new has come from IV, I think we can assume that this timeframe still stands.

At the end of November?!Hmm...Shall it be a big or small update..?Such watchtowers, armed guards, etc :P
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 am

thekillergreece wrote:
mred209 wrote:

So I will be the first guy complaining about the ridiculous change that the other fool people wont complain at all.

Complaining so profusely about changes in gameplay during an *alpha* is beyond ridiculous, it's highly counter-productive.

Why not adjust your tone to post the same essential content, but more like this:

"I've noticed in the latest alpha that guard reaction times appear to have changed as follows:

(details of guard reaction time differences between alphas)

Personally I think it's better if they react differently:

(details of how you would prefer reactions to be programmed)

Hope this helps!"

Less of the entitled whining, more of the productive and constructive feedback, basically. Hope this helps you a) calm down and b) make a more positive contribution to the game development.

:)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:40 pm

mred209 wrote:

Complaining so profusely about changes in gameplay during an *alpha* is beyond ridiculous, it's highly counter-productive.

Why not adjust your tone to post the same essential content, but more like this:

"I've noticed in the latest alpha that guard reaction times appear to have changed as follows:

(details of guard reaction time differences between alphas)

Personally I think it's better if they react differently:

(details of how you would prefer reactions to be programmed)

Hope this helps!"

Less of the entitled whining, more of the productive and constructive feedback, basically. Hope this helps you a) calm down and b) make a more positive contribution to the game development.

:)[/quote]

Normally, alpha games are never so that expensive...

They changed it for no reason after a small fix for the issues of game...But like I said, why would they dont let 6 guards involve and stop a prisoner when on opposite side, 6 prisoners already can involve to kill a guard?

Return to “Community Members”