Venture Tales - A Business Simulator

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

stianf
level2
level2

Venture Tales - A Business Simulator

Postby stianf » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi! I know I'm not a guy who like advertising, but I feel like this certain game needs to be spread.

http://igg.me/at/venturetales

Venture Tales

Venture tales is a Business-Simulator made by Christian Ibarra, an indie developer.

Details on the game:

Here is more info on the subjects the game will tackle, each part would be a detailed mechanic which will have an effect on the overall simulation of the in-game-world.

You'll be playing a game of life, where you have your own in-game character, living with his family, you need to manage your time, and organize your life, your stress levels, your education, and your effectiveness in your business with the help of your in-game schedule and calendar.

You'll be able to take care of your relationships with your family, friends, co-workers, society, etc. If you spend too much time at work, you won't have time for family life.

You can choose how to live your private life, where and how to spend your money.

You can contact people, consultants, services, distributors, marketing, partners, negotiate and makes deals with them to work together.

Manage and make contracts with services, other people, employees, etc.

Keep track and work on legal and law matters.

Evaluate and choose employees, and assign them to whatever job you choose in your company. Create the company hierarchy.

I promise, I am not in any way associated with the creator of this game.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Venture Tales - A Business Simulator

Postby xander » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm

You might get more traction if you post this in a place where more than just Prison Architect alpha purchasers can see it. In fact, the Games for 2009... and BEYOND! thread seems like an appropriate place.

xander
stianf
level2
level2

Postby stianf » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 pm

I just quickly posted it here, I'm not necessarily looking for views. :) If people are interested, check it out.
kongoman
level2
level2

Postby kongoman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 am

Looks a bit like 'SimVenture'. Any similarities ?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:29 pm

stianf wrote:I just quickly posted it here, I'm not necessarily looking for views. :) If people are interested, check it out.

I'm afraid that I have not been very clear. This forum is specifically for Prison Architect development chatter---e.g. discussion of bugs, suggestions, and so on. It is the wrong forum for discussing other games (or even for discussing Prison Architect in greater generality). There is a forum called "Introversion Lounge" which is the right place to discuss things such as this. This should have been posted there.

xander
stianf
level2
level2

Postby stianf » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm

The reason I posted it here, is because people have already bought Prison Architect. If they have to decide between 2 games, and they decide Venture Tales, then introversion lost a customer.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:42 pm

This forum is for discussing Prison Architect bugs and suggestions. It is not for discussing other games, particularly games that are unrelated to Prison Architect. There are at least two reasons to avoid posting about other games here: (1) since such posts are not related to the Prison Architect alpha process, they are off-topic in this forum and (2) because this forum has only limited access, not as many people will see it. There is a forum (the Lounge) in which such posts are on-topic, and there is even a thread (linked above) in that forum where other games are discussed.

I have made the assumption that you are not ill-intentioned, and that you are not an idiot. I understand that you had your reasons for posting here. What I am trying to convey is that, whatever your reasons, this was the wrong place. I am not trying to be argumentative or hostile---I am simply trying to (a) help you to better get your point across and (b) keep the forum organized so that it is easier to find relevant posts in the subforums where they are supposed to be posted. At this point, there are a couple of actions that you could take: (1) you could continue to argue, which will accomplish nothing except extending the life of this thread with more off-topic posting; (2) you could append a post about this game to the games thread or create a new thread in the Lounge, which would serve to advertise this game that you seem to care about and possibly engender on-topic discussion about it; or (3) you could simply give up in disgust and stop posting altogether, which would also accomplish nothing, but would at least allow this thread to die.

xander
stianf
level2
level2

Postby stianf » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:37 pm

The stonehearth topic were just fine for everybody, but this isn't? Explain.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 pm

stianf wrote:The stonehearth topic were just fine for everybody, but this isn't? Explain.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

xander

EDIT: Are you talking about this thread? Because it looks to me like that person was also told to post in the Lounge.
Masochist
level1
level1

Postby Masochist » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:33 am

xander wrote:
stianf wrote:The stonehearth topic were just fine for everybody, but this isn't? Explain.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

xander

EDIT: Are you talking about this thread? Because it looks to me like that person was also told to post in the Lounge.

Pwned

As for my 2 cents I don't see why it is so hard to understand it does not belong here when there is a perfectly good lounge area for stuff like this. The OPs reasoning might be noble and good natured but that doesn't change the fact that it goes against general forum etiquette and order/cleanliness of the forum setup....
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Return to “Community Members”