[suggestion] more control over staff types.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

arwan
level2
level2

[suggestion] more control over staff types.

Postby arwan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm

essentially just as we can designate patrol paths for guards and k9 units AND we can designate deployment rooms for guards. It would be nice to do the same thing with some of the other staff types. such as doctors.. if i have more than 1 infirmary i would love to be able to tell a doctor. "THIS" is your infirmary and you need to return here if you leave etc.

same for cooks. to be able to tell the cook what kitchen i want them to work in. possibly even a new type of patrol overlay for cooks so we can tell them what kitchen and canteen they should worry about.

we might even be able to use a new patrol overlay for gardeners and janitors for some prisons to be able to segregate certain areas.
lugaru
level3
level3

Re: [suggestion] more control over staff types.

Postby lugaru » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah, for sure some control over who does what and where will be a big part of running a large prison with any sucess. I love the system for prison labor, so hopefully I can use it to assign "4 cooks to this kitchen and 5 to this one". Likewise it would not be a bad idea to limit clearance for certain employees, like "janitors cannot access maximum scurity" for example, having them focus on the areas your prison laborers dont clean like the wardens office.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 pm

+1
Striket1234
level1
level1

Postby Striket1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:02 pm

This would also be nice for janitors and gardeners
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm

lugaru wrote:Yeah, for sure some control over who does what and where will be a big part of running a large prison with any sucess. I love the system for prison labor, so hopefully I can use it to assign "4 cooks to this kitchen and 5 to this one". Likewise it would not be a bad idea to limit clearance for certain employees, like "janitors cannot access maximum scurity" for example, having them focus on the areas your prison laborers dont clean like the wardens office.

I would love to get those guys to mop the restricted area more often, those offices are getting dirty.
Legadian
level1
level1

Postby Legadian » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 pm

They wanted to work on prisoners first, but it looks like they're going to flesh out the staff and also work on better control when they fully implement prison segregation.

Return to “Community Members”