Celebrety visits?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Celebrety visits?

Postby Lance_Lake » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwFIGxoRhw

????? Would something like this be something that people might like? A famous person arrives at the prison to do... whatever... and it can have an effect on the morale of the prison?

Concerts? Cell Beautifying? Cooking shows? Etc.
Smodd
level1
level1

Re: Celebrety visits?

Postby Smodd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Sorry but I think this is far away of the average prison. Also I don't know what you are suggesting...

Cell beautifying? - In which way?
Concerts in a Prison? - sure thing...
Cooking shows? - I hope I don't lie if I say that this game should not be a simulator for TV-Shows...
s20dan
level0

Postby s20dan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Lance_Lake wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwFIGxoRhw

????? Would something like this be something that people might like? A famous person arrives at the prison to do... whatever... and it can have an effect on the morale of the prison?

Concerts? Cell Beautifying? Cooking shows? Etc.

I think thats a great idea :)
I'm not sure how it cold be implemented, however I would guess that having the celebrity involved in a prison riot might bode poorly for future funding. ;)
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm not yet sure about those visits....

Maybe you could have them as random appearing Challenges like "Build a kitchen with at least x cookers and y fridges within the next day" and if you succeed something positive happens, like an effect on morale or bonus income. The same system could be used for "negative" challenges like the visit of a security or health inspector. I didn't search but I'm pretty sure someone already suggested that though :P

However when I read the thread title, I thought of something else: What about famous prisoners? e.g. a Famous singer for drug abuse or a politician for corruption. They would be treated differently by other prisoners (in both positive and negative ways) and if something happens to them it has negative consequences for your funding or the like. Then again I don't think I'm the first one with this idea.
Fistalis
level1
level1

Postby Fistalis » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Only if the celebrity is an inmate.. which is far more common than your suggestion.
Edit: bah ninjad.. thats what I get for not reading the whole thread
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Fistalis wrote:Only if the celebrity is an inmate.. which is far more common than your suggestion.

Indeed. For instance, OJ Simpson currently resides not to far from where I am right now. ;)

xander
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 am

>OP wanted celebrities to tour the prison.

>OP wanted celebrities.

>OP wanted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcg1ot1iWs
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:54 pm

I dont know about it being in the game, but the idea tickles me to no end given how unpredictable Prison Architect can be.

"Note: Today Metallica is coming in to record a video for Saint Anger"

"Note: Cameras are showing up today to film a reality show"

"Note: A writer will be visiting for material for his upcoming book"
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:20 pm

lugaru wrote:I dont know about it being in the game, but the idea tickles me to no end given how unpredictable Prison Architect can be.

"Note: Today Metallica is coming in to record a video for Saint Anger"

"Note: Cameras are showing up today to film a reality show"

"Note: A writer will be visiting for material for his upcoming book"

That's basically what I'm talking about. Guest visits that may anger prisoners or need for you to organize something in the schedule for that event or perhaps even add on a section of prison for it to happen. If you complete it within the time limit (for example, the pope doesn't see any fighting or the reality TV show stars don't survive), then you get extra cash or perhaps something else (extra money for when you sell the prison).

Kind of like the VIPs in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

Return to “Community Members”