What's next BIG step for Alpha15?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

What's next BIG step for Alpha15?

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Another big step move has finished: Guard Dogs.

Now...What are you thinking what's next BIG step for Alpha15?

Add Watch Towers?
Armed Guards with shotguns(Only watchtower, or simple call them as Watchtower guard)
Female Prisoners?(They finished on Female staff, now lets hope for prisoners as well! But they should effect on popularity, high chance of...Nvm..)
Second floor?Thats the most demanding feature from members.
More new contraband?
More new staff?Like Executioner(Working on execution only)
Execution room?

And so on...So what do you think?
lugaru
level3
level3

Re: What's next BIG step for Alpha15?

Postby lugaru » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm curious if anyone has anything they have noticed like non implemented objects in the resources or stuff they saw in streaming videos.

Personally I think this wraps up all the stuff I 'knew' they where working on, so the next patch is totally unpredictable to me.

I do hope it involves status effects from contraband, since right now we have no real reason to worry about it. "Yeah, let them have their drugs, it is not like they actually use them, they just carry the drugs around".

If it was up to me I would also like to see one more level of simulation... like enhanced reasons to see the doctor. They have talked about accidents when they introduced prison labor, but I'm sure stuff like colds and toothaches would apply too.

Maybe Step 1 of prisoner relations would rock too... you know, trading, friendships, grudges, the stuff that would eventually lead to gangs.

Also bookcase functionality. :D
Stonehammers
level1
level1

Postby Stonehammers » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:09 pm

I can't think of any prison that would have male and female inmates... It would have to be an option when you start a new prison to make it a female prison.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:20 am

Did you not see the Developer live stream? Here are some of the bigger items:

. Cats and kittens for well behaved prisoners and dogs, and badly behaved mice.
. A new 'limp lettuce' ingredient.
. Sporks as new multi-pronged tool. Can both dig and attack and wins hands-down in forky-spoony matches.
. Fluffy toys (contraband)
. Unlockable Colonel Klink Warden and Schultz Chief.
. New pay-to-win DLC: Doors that don't open.
. Miriam-proof front gates.
. Ponies, if there's time.
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:50 am

http://youtu.be/R5kPUFxXYLs

also. my 2 cents i would like to see more implementation on prison labor.

more jobs.. prisoner pay. proper way to sell things.. (instead of auto sale at midnight)

things like that.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:21 am

paktsardines wrote:Did you not see the Developer live stream? Here are some of the bigger items:

. Cats and kittens for well behaved prisoners and dogs, and badly behaved mice.
. A new 'limp lettuce' ingredient.
. Sporks as new multi-pronged tool. Can both dig and attack and wins hands-down in forky-spoony matches.
. Fluffy toys (contraband)
. Unlockable Colonel Klink Warden and Schultz Chief.
. New pay-to-win DLC: Doors that don't open.
. Miriam-proof front gates.
. Ponies, if there's time.

Which live stream?Link? -_-
neale1993
level1
level1

Postby neale1993 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Well from the latest Alpha video there were 2 main things I noticed that I hadn't noticed before.

The "Lakes" in new prison
And "Hostage" in the dev ui. If you look closely when Chris takes the cuffs off of the prisoners, there is another option that is hostage.

Not sure if these have been seen before, it was just something I had noticed for the first time.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:08 pm

neale1993 wrote:Well from the latest Alpha video there were 2 main things I noticed that I hadn't noticed before.

The "Lakes" in new prison
And "Hostage" in the dev ui. If you look closely when Chris takes the cuffs off of the prisoners, there is another option that is hostage.

Not sure if these have been seen before, it was just something I had noticed for the first time.

The lakes were shown in a earlier Alpha video too.
pipeek
level1
level1

Postby pipeek » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Really don't understand why people thinks that second floor will improve gameplay. One floor is clean and simple, dont ruin that plz ;)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm

pipeek wrote:Really don't understand why people thinks that second floor will improve gameplay. One floor is clean and simple, dont ruin that plz ;)

It wont improve, but increase the gameplay. Prevent it being repetive I mean...We should do something hard work rather than watching the game progressing itself...
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Guys they said they had an idea for the second floor.....and that was....THERE WERE NEVER GOING TO DO IT!!! it would also make the game really crap...so the answer is NO they arn't doing it... :mrgreen:
Joe
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Although I can't find taht info anymore, I'm pretty sure Chris once said that multiple floors will never be in the game.

Guess that will make Prison Architect the opposite of SimCity: There, everyone is complaining that they want bigger maps, but EA just announced those will never come. Instead players can add more and more height to their buildings in the upcoing expansion pack as a workaround. In PA on the other hand, we won't get multiple floors but instead can make our maps as big as we want through Land Expansion xD
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:25 pm

VoiD88 wrote:Although I can't find taht info anymore, I'm pretty sure Chris once said that multiple floors will never be in the game.

Guess that will make Prison Architect the opposite of SimCity: There, everyone is complaining that they want bigger maps, but EA just announced those will never come. Instead players can add more and more height to their buildings in the upcoing expansion pack as a workaround. In PA on the other hand, we won't get multiple floors but instead can make our maps as big as we want through Land Expansion xD

EA is a scam company anyways. They only care on money rather than player's demand. IV is the only maybe company who cares about player's demand and then the money. Congrats to IV.

Any proof that Chris said that multi-floors will never feature?It would be bad move for cancelling the idea for multi-floors, anyways...We just dont want this PA game, gameplay be simple and repetive. I want something more choices and options that would make Players busy, rather than sit and watch the game progressing itself.
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
VoiD88 wrote:Although I can't find taht info anymore, I'm pretty sure Chris once said that multiple floors will never be in the game.

EA is a scam company anyways. They only care on money rather than player's demand. IV is the only maybe company who cares about player's demand and then the money. Congrats to IV.

Any proof that Chris said that multi-floors will never feature?It would be bad move for cancelling the idea for multi-floors, anyways...We just dont want this PA game, gameplay be simple and repetive. I want something more choices and options that would make Players busy, rather than sit and watch the game progressing itself.

he said in the Q&A last alpha :mrgreen:
Joe
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:12 pm

thekillergreece wrote:EA is a scam company anyways. They only care on money rather than player's demand. IV is the only maybe company who cares about player's demand and then the money. Congrats to IV.

Introversion isn't the only games company that listens to its customers. There's plenty of other indies who do so.

thekillergreece wrote:Any proof that Chris said that multi-floors will never feature?It would be bad move for cancelling the idea for multi-floors, anyways...We just dont want this PA game, gameplay be simple and repetive. I want something more choices and options that would make Players busy, rather than sit and watch the game progressing itself.

Just having extra floors won't stop that. It needs extra stuff to do, which will come in later alphas.

Return to “Community Members”