(Suggestions)Weathers and effects

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

paktsardines
level5
level5

Re: (Suggestions)Weathers and effects

Postby paktsardines » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:41 am

That is exactly the kind of idiotic logic that leads to three pages of posts about weather.

It doesn't matter whether you're talking about rain, fog, snow or whatever, the subject and title of your post is weather. This post would have fitted nicely under almost any of those other posts. Of course, I'd argue this post wasn't necessary anyway as it doesn't actually present any new ideas (which the author would know had he searched in the first place).
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:44 am

paktsardines wrote:That is exactly the kind of idiotic logic that leads to three pages of posts about weather.

It doesn't matter whether you're talking about rain, fog, snow or whatever, the subject and title of your post is weather. This post would have fitted nicely under almost any of those other posts. Of course, I'd argue this post wasn't necessary anyway as it doesn't actually present any new ideas (which the author would know had he searched in the first place).

Do we need to argue? It's posted so get over it.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 am

paktsardines wrote:That is exactly the kind of idiotic logic that leads to three pages of posts about weather.

You are so grumpy, are you?Who has time to search the 3 pages rather than read a whole page with all-in-one features in it, rather than splitted into 3 parts...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:34 pm

111none wrote:Do we need to argue? It's posted so get over it.

paktsardines is quite right. It is easier to find things when they are somewhat organized and there isn't a proliferation of threads with the same basic idea. Certainly, this thread isn't going anywhere, but perhaps the next time that thekillergreece decides to create a new topic, he will instead search the forums, realize that his idea has been brought up before, and add something to an older topic. Of course, all of this is predicated on the idea that thekillergreece acknowledges that he understands that bumping older topics is preferable to creating new topics, which he has not done. In fact, he has been arguing about it.

xander
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:42 pm

xander wrote:

paktsardines is quite right. It is easier to find things when they are somewhat organized and there isn't a proliferation of threads with the same basic idea. Certainly, this thread isn't going anywhere, but perhaps the next time that thekillergreece decides to create a new topic, he will instead search the forums, realize that his idea has been brought up before, and add something to an older topic. Of course, all of this is predicated on the idea that thekillergreece acknowledges that he understands that bumping older topics is preferable to creating new topics, which he has not done. In fact, he has been arguing about it.

xander

Yeah there is but splitted and no one has time to read one by one.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:34 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Yeah there is but splitted and no one has time to read one by one.

Thank you for making my point for me.

xander
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:11 am

xander wrote:

xander

Clearly we are obviously not going anywhere but xander, have you actually asked why we are not going anywhere?
That is exactly the kind of idiotic logic that leads to three pages of posts about weather.

Because we have already told him to use the search button, you need not pressed the isssue, however xander , bear in mind you and paktsardines have been around these forums a lot longer than the OP. You can suggest things; however, you do not have the right to press him into it. Don't go around to people new or old telling them what to do and initiating fights like this. As it should be your decision to respond.

You may be a moderator in the lounge and other forums, but you are not here.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Don't go around to people new or old telling them what to do and initiating fights like this

Neither of us initiated this 'fight', in fact I thought I was quite polite in my initial replies. The fact of the matter is that duplicate posts should be avoided. Someone like the OP has been around long enough to know to search before posting. The fact he didn't search before posting (or, even worse, did search, saw three pages of posts and decided to post anyway) is not really excusable. The 'fight' started when you both ignored the request and tried to argue why the rules didn't apply to him.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

111none wrote:Clearly we are obviously not going anywhere but xander, have you actually asked why we are not going anywhere?

So, you clearly misunderstood what I said. I am sorry that I was not clear. I was not suggesting that anyone go anywhere.

What I meant was this: This thread probably should not have been created in the first place, since it would have fit nicely in any one of a dozen other similar threads. However, it now exists, and is a perfectly reasonable place to talk about the weather. That is, this thread isn't going anywhere.

On the other hand, it is not unreasonable to suggest to the OP (note: suggest, not order---can you show me where I ordered anyone to do anything?) that, in the future, he search and bump rather than create a new thread. The conflict in this thread stems from the fact that thekillergreece seems to feel that forum etiquette doesn't apply to him, and that he is justified in creating this thread because, as far as I can tell, it was going to be too much work for him to read through all of the other topics about the weather. If thekillergreece had simply said "Oops! Sorry! I'll try to do better next time," there would be no issue.

xander
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 am

paktsardines wrote:
Don't go around to people new or old telling them what to do and initiating fights like this

Neither of us initiated this 'fight', in fact I thought I was quite polite in my initial replies. The fact of the matter is that duplicate posts should be avoided. Someone like the OP has been around long enough to know to search before posting. The fact he didn't search before posting (or, even worse, did search, saw three pages of posts and decided to post anyway) is not really excusable. The 'fight' started when you both ignored the request and tried to argue why the rules didn't apply to him.

So what should we do? Necro an old thread and get flamed by you? Either way, it ends up with the same conclusion.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 am

xander wrote:
111none wrote:Clearly we are obviously not going anywhere but xander, have you actually asked why we are not going anywhere?

So, you clearly misunderstood what I said. I am sorry that I was not clear. I was not suggesting that anyone go anywhere.

What I meant was this: This thread probably should not have been created in the first place, since it would have fit nicely in any one of a dozen other similar threads. However, it now exists, and is a perfectly reasonable place to talk about the weather. That is, this thread isn't going anywhere.

On the other hand, it is not unreasonable to suggest to the OP (note: suggest, not order---can you show me where I ordered anyone to do anything?) that, in the future, he search and bump rather than create a new thread. The conflict in this thread stems from the fact that thekillergreece seems to feel that forum etiquette doesn't apply to him, and that he is justified in creating this thread because, as far as I can tell, it was going to be too much work for him to read through all of the other topics about the weather. If thekillergreece had simply said "Oops! Sorry! I'll try to do better next time," there would be no issue.

xander

I see your point.Yet Ironically there is only one mod for this form.... Wheres the green sword team?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:24 am

So what should we do? Necro an old thread and get flamed by you? Either way, it ends up with the same conclusion.

I don't have any issue over bumping old threads. As long as the new post contributes to and/or expands or improves upon the original post, and said original post is worth reviving (ie: the original post does not discuss alien space colonies.)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 am

111none wrote:So what should we do? Necro an old thread and get flamed by you? Either way, it ends up with the same conclusion.

Can you link to any threads that have been legitimately bumped and in which paktsardines has flamed the bumper?

xander

EDIT: Damn ninjas.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:45 am

paktsardines wrote:

I don't have any issue over bumping old threads. As long as the new post contributes to and/or expands or improves upon the original post, and said original post is worth reviving (ie: the original post does not discuss alien space colonies.)

Look at the forums. Let me re-phrase the word flame to argument, do i need to bring up how many?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 am

Yes please.

Return to “Community Members”