(Suggestions)Weathers and effects

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

(Suggestions)Weathers and effects

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:50 am

I saw a new sprite: Prisoner getting wet or feels hot.Which means there could be sunny weathers,foggy,rainy and cold weathers...Effecting the game mechanics..

So I am posting those ideas to be implemented in game to make it nice,realistically and more work to do rather than waiting for nothing except fights and riots.

Sunny Weather:
Sunny, hot weather, you feel warm and then hot...You start demand air conditioner to be turned on. Buy and turn on air conditioners to satisfy prisoner's needs.Orthewise you will get full-scale riot unless you will satisfy their needs in 2-3 days.Air conditioner should cost 250$. Prisoners or staff who will be out will immediately get inside for safety from body-burns of very hot sunny weather. If prisoner or staff(Of course includes Guards, but dogs will die in 2-3 hours in-game if not entered inside again) stays too long outside, they will die.

Cold weather:
Prepare to hire a lot doctors. Prisoners and staff who will be outside, will get sick unless they will get inside in many hours in-game. Buy radiators to keep Prisoners and staff warm. Only costs 250$, needs of course energy, so does air conditioner needs. If you wont satisfy prisoners and guard need's, in 3 days in-game, staff will leave prison and prisoners will die, impacting your money score. Make sure radiators to be turned off on sunny weather... If prisoners or staff are outside for too long, they will freeze up.

Fog weather:
You no longer can see outside parts. If Prisoner is outside, you no longer can see him. Sending a guard will uncover a very small fog space. Dogs will uncover a large fog space. Watchtowers(If added), will uncover whole fog space, depending where it is placed.

Rainy weather:
Prisoners and staff will catch the cold outside. Place radiators to keep prisoners warm. Guards are immume to rain weather only if they will carry umbrellas and hot clothes to keep them warm.

Rainy and thunderstorm weather:
For rains, see above.
Thunderstorm will target to any land space. If they will target on a staff or prisoner, they will immediately die. If it targets on power station, the whole prison will go blackout and a full-scale riot will start. So make sure your power station is placed inside, not outside. If it targets an "inside" part of building, it will destroy the roof.

SNOW Weather!:
Prisoners and staff without wearing hot clothes will immediately get freeze once they stay outside for too long. Place radiators. Prisoners will have fun playing snows but sometimes, it could lead a riot.

So..Hows that?
111none
level4
level4

Re: (Suggestions)Weathers and effects

Postby 111none » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Good suggestions. I know chris said weather will be implemented.But like gangs. the question is how?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:54 pm

111none wrote:Good suggestions. I know chris said weather will be implemented.But like gangs. the question is how?

Fog,sunny and cold weathers questions are very easy to answer and develop..Especially on fog...

On fog weather, outside will look like the "black" fog when you turn on the FOW..But it should be on transparent grey colour..

For cold, the game will notify you an icon. So it should also apply on sunny weather incoming...

Now, for rain,snow and thunderstorm weather develop, they can be hard to make. But the other game which uses PA similar engine, has finished and uses thunderstorm,rainy weathers..
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Im sorry if I misworded it.
I ment how do we adjust the randomness? Start with biomes? Or have a seed generator that gives weather that happens on a percentile chance for each season. (spring,summer,fall,winter.)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 pm

111none wrote:Im sorry if I misworded it.
I ment how do we adjust the randomness? Start with biomes? Or have a seed generator that gives weather that happens on a percentile chance for each season. (spring,summer,fall,winter.)

Get notification about weather change?Or something like that...Or see prisoners and staff acting differently, or see the temperature, Celsium. If it is very low, then there is cold weather and you should turn on radiators, if it is too high, then sunny weather and you should turn on air conditioner..
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Wait.... Idea :)
Forcaster for staff? Maybe atomspheric technictian?
Apologize for the spelling. im on my phone.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:07 pm

111none wrote:Wait.... Idea :)

I dont know, we just gotta wait for Chris confirm it in future ;)
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:27 pm

111none wrote:Wait.... Idea :)

Don't need a staff member for that, just a TV showing The Weather Channel.
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Erm...

Rain for more than a minute or two at a time would be months long in game-time. I've had prisoners be released after completing short sentences without ever even having a meal in the big house. Prisoners would be building rafts out of mattresses. Or they would be suiciding from depression.
yos233
level1
level1

Postby yos233 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 pm

I think we can make a distinction between big-picture time (the time it takes for a prisoner to serve their sentence, which is accelerated), and game-time. Game time happens on a day-to-day basis, even if prisoners serve a year (or however long) in those same 24-hours. So having it rain all day would not be a realism killer for me.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:39 am

A quick search for the word 'weather' brought up three pages of results. Please search before posting.

Here's a good one :P
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19780&p=527976
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 am

paktsardines wrote:A quick search for the word 'weather' brought up three pages of results. Please search before posting.

Here's a good one :P
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19780&p=527976

However you didnt include the sunny,cold,fog, snow weathers...Oh and thunderstorm...
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:24 am

The other three pages of posts did.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 am

paktsardines wrote:The other three pages of posts did.

This page here, has everything added all in one rather than splitted in 3 parts.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:24 am

thekillergreece wrote:
paktsardines wrote:The other three pages of posts did.

This page here, has everything added all in one rather than splitted in 3 parts.

This....

Return to “Community Members”