[Suggestions] Jobs & Solitary

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

hrhqoroses
level0

[Suggestions] Jobs & Solitary

Postby hrhqoroses » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:00 am

I did actually search for all of the items below, so please forgive me if somehow I missed other posts along the same lines.

1. Jobs - Instead of the current icon display, it would be much easier to read, (and manage), if it was displayed as: X/Y, where Y is the number of jobs requested, and X is the number of workers actually working. Ex. "Workshop 4/20" (Another option: X/Y (Z), where Z is the total number of jobs possible in the room) "Workshop 4/20 (20)".

(Another reason for the suggestion -- many of my rooms are side-by-side, so the icons overlap!)

2. I would like a way to prioritize jobs -- ex. being able to set the maximum amount of workers to work in the workshop FIRST, then fill the cleaning and laundry positions, without having to micromanage every day. (New prisoners come in, others leave, and others are in solitary, making the change in population significant, especially in a new prison, where every inmate on the assembly line counts!)

Maybe two settings: A. Percentage allocation. (i.e. all rooms have been set to maximum jobs, and you can specify 80% Workshop, 10% Laundry, 10% Cleaning.
B. A Fill allocation, i.e. Fill ALL Workshop jobs first, then divide the rest 50/50 between Laundry and Cleaning.

My most sincere congratulations on the addition of your new family member!
Katherine
MaXMC
level0

Re: [Suggestions] Jobs & Solitary

Postby MaXMC » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:34 am

Yes!

The interface gets really cluttered.
Elandryl
level1
level1

Postby Elandryl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:18 am

I approve. Right now, the UI is very pretty, but can be a pain in the ass in terms of gameplay. Something more efficient would be nice.
Lenn
level1
level1

Postby Lenn » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm

I difinetely agree with you on prioritizing jobs. It can be very chaotic at times and then you really want workers to do something first. I even have had prisoners escape because I wasn't able to make my workers build a certain wall first.
planettop92
level2
level2

Postby planettop92 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:02 pm

cleaning the UI will happen eventually for sure considering how the game's still in alpha. I think someone suggested before to stack the icons like you would poker chips, but I definitely like your suggestion (X/MAX) better.

prioritizing jobs has definitely been suggested before:
http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/index.php/Suggestions#Job_Suggestions wrote:Order-able job list, to allow priorities to be assigned to tasks.

but prioritizing prison labor may or may not have been. How would you suggest implementing your allocation methods? I think the current method using deployment may be the most intuitive for the majority of players.

Return to “Community Members”