Dogs Kill Prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

berke1100
level1
level1

Dogs Kill Prisoners

Postby berke1100 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello everbody, finaly alpha 14 released and problems start the coming.So my prisoners are fighting each other and my k-9 kill them by its bites. :shock: Do you have this issue ?
acegamer08
level3
level3

Re: Dogs Kill Prisoners

Postby acegamer08 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Last edited by acegamer08 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:50 pm

I dont have this issue, didnt encounter a death by dog, but I like the idea that dogs can kill prisoners.Can also happen accidently in real life as well...Its fine for dogs killing prisoners but they dont alwways do that.Sometimes
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Haven't had a chance to play yet but can the handler stop the dog from killing when they go unconscious? :shock:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 pm

snarst wrote:Haven't had a chance to play yet but can the handler stop the dog from killing when they go unconscious? :shock:

Realistically speaking, sometimes dogs (even well trained ones) lose control or accidentally hit a vital spot. The occasional death-by-dog seems appropriate to me, though the number of deaths as compared to the number of incidents involving dogs should probably be low, which might require some work---does anyone know what the numbers look like right now?

xander
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:38 am

i saw it the first time one of my dogs actually chased down a prisoner.. the dog was the first one to the prisoner to engage then once the other guards arrived and knocked the prisoner unconscious the dog did not disengage. and instead killed the prisoner. also right after this the dog had taken a good amount of damage itself and went to the medical ward, the docs patched the pooch up but then i could not get the dog off the bed.. so i deleted the bed.. the dog went to another bed.. so i deleted ALL the beds in the medical ward.. then the dog just stood around in the medical ward and would not leave.. ultimately i had to fire the dog. to fix the bug. shortly after that his handler (who was in the kennel) left as well.
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:16 pm

arwan wrote:i saw it the first time one of my dogs actually chased down a prisoner.. the dog was the first one to the prisoner to engage then once the other guards arrived and knocked the prisoner unconscious the dog did not disengage. and instead killed the prisoner. also right after this the dog had taken a good amount of damage itself and went to the medical ward, the docs patched the pooch up but then i could not get the dog off the bed.. so i deleted the bed.. the dog went to another bed.. so i deleted ALL the beds in the medical ward.. then the dog just stood around in the medical ward and would not leave.. ultimately i had to fire the dog. to fix the bug. shortly after that his handler (who was in the kennel) left as well.

Well I guess I'm lucky since my dogs are actually disengaging.
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:33 am

If the dogs are set to do between X and Y damage when running down a prisoner and either guards or other dogs do Z more damage then the total may be more than the prisoner can take? Goes right past unconscious to dead too fast for the dog to notice and stop in time?

Just a thought.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:20 pm

arwan wrote:i saw it the first time one of my dogs actually chased down a prisoner.. the dog was the first one to the prisoner to engage then once the other guards arrived and knocked the prisoner unconscious the dog did not disengage. and instead killed the prisoner. also right after this the dog had taken a good amount of damage itself and went to the medical ward, the docs patched the pooch up but then i could not get the dog off the bed.. so i deleted the bed.. the dog went to another bed.. so i deleted ALL the beds in the medical ward.. then the dog just stood around in the medical ward and would not leave.. ultimately i had to fire the dog. to fix the bug. shortly after that his handler (who was in the kennel) left as well.

That's an absolutely hilarious chain of bugs ;)
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 am

xander wrote:
snarst wrote:Haven't had a chance to play yet but can the handler stop the dog from killing when they go unconscious? :shock:

Realistically speaking, sometimes dogs (even well trained ones) lose control or accidentally hit a vital spot. The occasional death-by-dog seems appropriate to me, though the number of deaths as compared to the number of incidents involving dogs should probably be low, which might require some work---does anyone know what the numbers look like right now?

xander

Very high, i built a prison designed just for escapes, and so far, i have not gotten a single death. (like 100 escapes already)
vulgarman
level1
level1

Postby vulgarman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:15 am

I stopped a riot in the canteen by spawning around 15 dogs & handlers in there.

No death by dog.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:30 am

vulgarman wrote:I stopped a riot in the canteen by spawning around 15 dogs & handlers in there.

Because this seems obviously wrong to me, I am going to once again suggest that staff should not *poof* into existence, but should arrive on the truck like any other supply. And maybe they should arrive at 8 in the morning, too. ;)

xander
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:44 pm

berke1100 wrote:Hello everbody, finaly alpha 14 released and problems start the coming.So my prisoners are fighting each other and my k-9 kill them by its bites. :shock: Do you have this issue ?

yes they do
Joe
oh its nice too be back :D
vulgarman
level1
level1

Postby vulgarman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:45 am

xander wrote:
vulgarman wrote:I stopped a riot in the canteen by spawning around 15 dogs & handlers in there.

Because this seems obviously wrong to me, I am going to once again suggest that staff should not *poof* into existence, but should arrive on the truck like any other supply. And maybe they should arrive at 8 in the morning, too. ;)

xander

I'm going to suggest that your suggestion be postponed until the beta, and that magical staff is a checkbox in the options.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:52 am

vulgarman wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

I'm going to suggest that your suggestion be postponed until the beta, and that magical staff is a checkbox in the options.

No.
"Magical Staff" Should be fixed in or before Alpha 16.

Return to “Community Members”