Dogs are soooo cute <3

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: Dogs are soooo cute <3

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:56 am

111none wrote:Arts not my thing... but the dogs are a portrayal of realistic ones... so why would you draw different ones?

I meant the pictures don't need to be of the same dog as long as they're of the same breed. And yes, the dogs are meant to be somewhat realistic, but the image of them is stylised.
Last edited by MAdMaN on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brnthay
level1
level1

Postby Brnthay » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Korthal wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:
Korthal wrote:I have a really important question that only one of the devs could answer.

Who did the voices for the dogs. Because I'm pretty sure it was just one of the devs making little doggy noises into a microphone. And I <3 it.

Google?Youtube videos? I can make voices without the need of microphone. Just copy a video, edit it on Sony Vegas, remove the video but dont remove the sounds of it, and here we go, Bark voice only, without the video.

I am not dev, but I know another way how to make "Bark" sound but I dont think those developers have dogs or..Dunno, maybe Ryan Symo, the art "developer" has a dog, the reason he made gorgeous dogs. For Bark voice it could be copied on Youtube videos or sounds.

Well, copying from YouTube videos without licensing the audio wouldn't exactly be in step with copyright laws.

Far use would apply here. As long as the sound clip is less the 30 secs and was posted in a "promotional or free use manor". What the last part of that actually means is up to a jury and a judge. But yes is does run the risk of being against the law in the USA. I have no idea what European and UK's patent law is like.

But yes more breeds and dog being treated as guards for purposes of punishing prisoner that attack them would also be nice.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Brnthay wrote:Far use would apply here. As long as the sound clip is less the 30 secs and was posted in a "promotional or free use manor". What the last part of that actually means is up to a jury and a judge. But yes is does run the risk of being against the law in the USA. I have no idea what European and UK's patent law is like.

But yes more breeds and dog being treated as guards for purposes of punishing prisoner that attack them would also be nice.

In the US, there is a four-pronged test for fair use. One of those prongs has to do with the nature of the use. One end of the spectrum is educational use, which is generally okay. The other end of the spectrum is commercial use, which is generally not okay. Since IV would be using someone else's work in a commercial setting, they would be on very thin ice with regard to fair use in the American court system (at least with respect to that part of the test).

xander
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:22 pm

xander wrote:
Brnthay wrote:Far use would apply here. As long as the sound clip is less the 30 secs and was posted in a "promotional or free use manor". What the last part of that actually means is up to a jury and a judge. But yes is does run the risk of being against the law in the USA. I have no idea what European and UK's patent law is like.

In the US, there is a four-pronged test for fair use. One of those prongs has to do with the nature of the use. One end of the spectrum is educational use, which is generally okay. The other end of the spectrum is commercial use, which is generally not okay. Since IV would be using someone else's work in a commercial setting, they would be on very thin ice with regard to fair use in the American court system (at least with respect to that part of the test).

xander

With regard xander, but doesn't Iv use a professional sound expert?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:58 pm

111none wrote:With regard xander, but doesn't Iv use a professional sound expert?

I wasn't addressing that question at all. The assertion was that if IV copied a sound from a random Youtube video (or something like that), then it would be covered under fair use. I was addressing that assertion.

xander

Return to “Community Members”