Dogs are soooo cute <3

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

Dogs are soooo cute <3

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Woof,woof! ;)

I love how they look, how well they were developed by Chris or Mark, I dont know. Maybe Ryan Symo...

I would congrat anyone who made those cute-looking dogs. Too aggressive, better cuteness overload.

Hey, dog handlers are very funny, when someone prisoner starts doing violent action, Dog handler will stop control dog and will rush to prisoner and do fist-to-fist fight...Before Alpha14 release, I thought they would be armed with baton...I love it...I hope they will never be armed to weapons..

Hey, I think you developers should add "Attack" animations on dogs, just like every A.I has. As well as more dog breeds, such Doberman, Rottweiler...

So guys what do you think about those nice dogs?

Edit: Something is not true! Dogs deal 0.75 damage...Which means it is like Fists damage...But the recharge time is lowered, 0.5 only. While fists recharge time is 0.75. I think Dogs should have 1.5 damage and 0.75 recharge time... Just my opinion.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: Dogs are soooo cute <3

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I love how they look, how well they were developed by Chris or Mark, I dont know. Maybe Ryan Symo...

I would congrat anyone who made those cute-looking dogs. Too aggressive, better cuteness overload.

Ryan Sumo does the artwork for the game, Chris (or possibly another programmer) programmed their behaviour.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I love how they look, how well they were developed by Chris or Mark, I dont know. Maybe Ryan Symo...

Ryan Sumo does the artwork for the game, Chris (or possibly another programmer) programmed their behaviour.

Would wonder why Ryan Sumo is not placed on Introversion Software website as "About" showing the list of developers?Or he is just...separated developer?
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Would wonder why Ryan Sumo is not placed on Introversion Software website as "About" showing the list of developers?Or he is just...separated developer?

He's contracted to do the artwork. He isn't an Introversion staff member.
Korthal
level1
level1

Postby Korthal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:10 pm

I have a really important question that only one of the devs could answer.

Who did the voices for the dogs. Because I'm pretty sure it was just one of the devs making little doggy noises into a microphone. And I <3 it.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Korthal wrote:I have a really important question that only one of the devs could answer.

Who did the voices for the dogs. Because I'm pretty sure it was just one of the devs making little doggy noises into a microphone. And I <3 it.

Google?Youtube videos? I can make voices without the need of microphone. Just copy a video, edit it on Sony Vegas, remove the video but dont remove the sounds of it, and here we go, Bark voice only, without the video.

I am not dev, but I know another way how to make "Bark" sound but I dont think those developers have dogs or..Dunno, maybe Ryan Symo, the art "developer" has a dog, the reason he made gorgeous dogs. For Bark voice it could be copied on Youtube videos or sounds.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:26 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Google?Youtube videos? I can make voices without the need of microphone. Just copy a video, edit it on Sony Vegas, remove the video but dont remove the sounds of it, and here we go, Bark voice only, without the video.

If they did it that way they'd leave themselves open to being sued for copyright infringement.

thekillergreece wrote:Ryan Symo

Sumo not Symo.
Korthal
level1
level1

Postby Korthal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
Korthal wrote:I have a really important question that only one of the devs could answer.

Google?Youtube videos? I can make voices without the need of microphone. Just copy a video, edit it on Sony Vegas, remove the video but dont remove the sounds of it, and here we go, Bark voice only, without the video.

I am not dev, but I know another way how to make "Bark" sound but I dont think those developers have dogs or..Dunno, maybe Ryan Symo, the art "developer" has a dog, the reason he made gorgeous dogs. For Bark voice it could be copied on Youtube videos or sounds.

Well, copying from YouTube videos without licensing the audio wouldn't exactly be in step with copyright laws.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 am

MAdMaN wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Google?Youtube videos? I can make voices without the need of microphone. Just copy a video, edit it on Sony Vegas, remove the video but dont remove the sounds of it, and here we go, Bark voice only, without the video.

If they did it that way they'd leave themselves open to being sued for copyright infringement.

thekillergreece wrote:Ryan Symo

Sumo not Symo.

Or Ryan Sumo has a german shepherd dog, the reason why the dog in game is correctly made. The bark could be made from Ryan Sumo. I highly doubt that any developer of IV has any dog...If they have, they dont have time to spend with the dog.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:02 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Or Ryan Sumo has a german shepherd dog, the reason why the dog in game is correctly made.

You don't have to have a dog to be able to draw one. There's plenty of pictures of German Shepherds on the web.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Or Ryan Sumo has a german shepherd dog, the reason why the dog in game is correctly made.

You don't have to have a dog to be able to draw one. There's plenty of pictures of German Shepherds on the web.

Not all pics show what you want. Rear,back,upside pics etc.
AlexMBrennan
level0

Postby AlexMBrennan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Google has about forty million hits for "German Shepard", I'm sure one or two will be suitable.

In any case, however, models with visible letters should maybe be avoided if you are going to mirror sprites
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 pm

AlexMBrennan wrote:

Google has about forty million hits for "German Shepard", I'm sure one or two will be suitable.

In any case, however, models with visible letters should maybe be avoided if you are going to mirror sprites

I meant, the same german shepherd dog.

I mean...Example, I have a german shepherd dog, I should photo him every part of his body, colour etc and give them all in one to Sumo. But on google there are million photo from different german shepherd dogs.Colours,body size etc.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I meant, the same german shepherd dog.

I mean...Example, I have a german shepherd dog, I should photo him every part of his body, colour etc and give them all in one to Sumo. But on google there are million photo from different german shepherd dogs.Colours,body size etc.

You don't need all the photos to be of the same dog, especially when creating a non-realistic image of one.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:21 am

MAdMaN wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I meant, the same german shepherd dog.

You don't need all the photos to be of the same dog, especially when creating a non-realistic image of one.

Arts not my thing... but the dogs are a portrayal of realistic ones... so why would you draw different ones?

Return to “Community Members”