[Suggestion] Solve an unsolved murder

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

air805ronin
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Solve an unsolved murder

Postby air805ronin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Brnthay wrote:To have an intensive to do this, it should reduce the effects of the violation, maybe in stead of 30k a death it only 15 or 10k. But still, just having to many deaths should be penalized. Also if you have a really long run prison, you going to have more violation then a prison that is still being built or just finished. So the penalty should wear off over time.

I agree, having the ability to clear a death and move it to "accident" or "case closed" and drop the penalty lower would be very agreeable. Not saying I shouldn't get punished for letting my showers electrocute people, just that I should be able to figure out why they died.
Brnthay
level1
level1

Postby Brnthay » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 am

snarst wrote:Maybe the doctor could examine the body in the morgue and tell you how they died. Then you do a shakedown and find the offending weapon and try to see if any knife, shank, ex matches the wounds. Fingerprints could be taken if the owner of the cell it was found in was seen in some place at the time of the murder and thus couldn't be the culprit.

Ta da.

In real life the examination of the body is done by the medical examiner. No, prison that I am aware of has one on staff. Most prisons send them away to be examined, if needs arises. The game really already have a system for doing this. Instead of creating another position on staff and making the game less realistic. Just adding a report about the bodies the player sends way. The report would determine, (with an error rating) on how the inmate die. If they play suspect that the report is wrong the player can instructed an investigator to look in to the death. Or just leave it alone, but that risks a higher chance of the inmate, or inmates striking again.

The report would not tell the player who caused that death only whether the death was accidental, a suicide or homicide. Form this point it would be up to your investigator to determine the cause of death.If need are relatively being meet in your prison then the death will be "easier" to investigator (reason, more jail house informants). If not they the error rates goes up on the investigator and the time it take him or her to investigator the incident also goes up.

As said by other, it would make since for this investigator to have an office.
Pallemaker
level1
level1

Postby Pallemaker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:43 pm

A good idea!

To add on the idea: The chief could be the main investigator, having a chance of solving the crime on his own. In addition, there could be the possibility of hiring a team of investigators/detectives/forensics to increase the likelyhood of solving the murder - the downside being that these guys cost you quite a lot, and/or that they cause anger or fear amongst prisoners (in a similar way as the riot police).
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:36 pm

family of the dead body should also sue the prison (staff or prisoner, doesn't really matter), so you might get use for the lawyer.
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:32 am

Brnthay wrote:... But still, just having to many deaths should be penalized. Also if you have a prison that as been active for a long time you going to have more violation then a prison that is still being built or just finished. So the penalty should wear off over time.

like points on a drivers license... ;)
killerx243
level1
level1

Postby killerx243 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 pm

In my opinion for long term penalties it should be divided into two categories:

Things that would be the prisons fault (higher penalty for the prison): guards fatally beating a prisoner without a good reason found in the investigation (he isn't armed but they use lethal force) or object placement (metal detectors in showers or where there is a good chance for water to reach them).

Things that the prison cannot prevent (less penalty for the prison): Prisoners murdering each other or breaking the laundry equipment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:50 pm

killerx243 wrote:Things that the prison cannot prevent (less penalty for the prison): Prisoners murdering each other or breaking the laundry equipment.

I believe that the underlying premise is that any of these things can be prevented by good management. Murders, for instance, are a result of not smacking your prisoners around enough (or, conversely, not meeting their needs).

xander
killerx243
level1
level1

Postby killerx243 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:16 pm

xander wrote:
killerx243 wrote:Things that the prison cannot prevent (less penalty for the prison): Prisoners murdering each other or breaking the laundry equipment.

I believe that the underlying premise is that any of these things can be prevented by good management. Murders, for instance, are a result of not smacking your prisoners around enough (or, conversely, not meeting their needs).

xander

I meant it for more when gangs are implemented as they would fight regardless of how they are treated (unless you run a prison for CEO's). Also the prison would still be punished but the prisoner should be the one taking most of the heat and could even be executed for the crime.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:45 pm

killerx243 wrote:I meant it for more when gangs are implemented as they would fight regardless of how they are treated (unless you run a prison for CEO's).

You are making assumptions about the implementation. I could just as easily speculate that gangs can be controlled through a really suppressive policy of solitary confinement and lockdown for every possible offense. Again, the underlying premise is that anything that happens on prison grounds is the fault of management---if you let the gang problem get too bad, you are responsible for the consequences.

killerx243 wrote:Also the prison would still be punished but the prisoner should be the one taking most of the heat and could even be executed for the crime.

I don't disagree with this statement.

xander
Brnthay
level1
level1

Postby Brnthay » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:30 pm

dc4bs wrote:
Brnthay wrote:... But still, just having to many deaths should be penalized. Also if you have a prison that as been active for a long time you going to have more violation then a prison that is still being built or just finished. So the penalty should wear off over time.

like points on a drivers license... ;)

Yeah that is the idea. That is how they do it. They also do spot inspections and walk-though inspections.To mean infarction you are shut down.

Return to “Community Members”