[Suggestion] Gain money more often

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Elandryl
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Gain money more often

Postby Elandryl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Let us be clear: the problem is not about a lack of money. Well, yes it is, but it's part of the challenge.

What bothers me, though, is that you actually gain money just once a day. With wouldn't be a bother if, even at the fastest speed, a day didn't actually long for nearly half an hour.

When you don't have money anymore, and you used all the grants, your only way to actually do something is to wait until midnight. No alternative: you can't sell anything (plus you get no refund when you cancel a building, even if the maintenance guys din't actually begin to work), you can't borrow a loan, and what the workshop produces is actually dirt cheap ( I mean eight people working to get a 30$ margin, come on!). And waiting half an hour for a thousand dollars to get in is a looooooong time.
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: [Suggestion] Gain money more often

Postby knoest26 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Well, it's a game... It wouldn't be fun if it would be easy. More grants will probably be introduced or you could just download a additional grants mod.

Setting up a workshop early on does the trick for me though.
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:11 pm

did you say yourworkshop gets $30 a day...WOW THATS SHIT...mine gets $15000 a day....ERM....YOU HAVE A SHIT WORKSHOP
:roll:
Joe
Elandryl
level1
level1

Postby Elandryl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:24 pm

jois13 wrote:did you say yourworkshop gets $30 a day...WOW THATS SHIT...mine gets $15000 a day....ERM....YOU HAVE A SHIT WORKSHOP
Joe

Well, you have to tell me how you did that, because mine surely didn't give me that much money!

As I told in my first post, the probleme is not about the lack of money, it's a matter of time. If you don't get to have at least 10000$ as a daily income when you run out of money, it's a "game over of boredom", because the only thing you can do is actually WAIT. And wait a long time. What about about getting the exact same amount of money, but distributed on an hourly, or 6 hours basis?
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Postby OneEyedShark » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Elandryl wrote:
jois13 wrote:did you say yourworkshop gets $30 a day...WOW THATS SHIT...mine gets $15000 a day....ERM....YOU HAVE A SHIT WORKSHOP
Joe

Well, you have to tell me how you did that, because mine surely didn't give me that much money!

As I told in my first post, the probleme is not about the lack of money, it's a matter of time. If you don't get to have at least 10000$ as a daily income when you run out of money, it's a "game over of boredom", because the only thing you can do is actually WAIT. And wait a long time. What about about getting the exact same amount of money, but distributed on an hourly, or 6 hours basis?

how about make it more realistic and you only get money every 30 or so days 8)
McLumberjack
level2
level2

Postby McLumberjack » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Yeah, my workshop also makes shedloads. 40 inmates working in two adjacent workshops (as they like to swap between them, something that caused a lot of problems when they were at opposite ends of the prison) makes thousands. I mean you should be able to clear a profit on just prisoner grants alone as long as you're not over-staffed.

But, that said, yes, having to accelerate time (you do know about that, right?) to get to midnight just for your day's take is a pain. Perhaps if prisoner grants came in at midnight, but workshop sales happened at the end of your work day (as defined in the schedule).
Der_Doodle
level1
level1

Postby Der_Doodle » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Elandryl wrote:
Joe

If your workshop gives you this crappy amount of cash you have one of 2 problems.

A) You have a workshop but only 1 saw or press. You should have the same amount of saws and presses and the combined amount of both should be equal to the number of prisoners you can send to work in your prison.
A Workshop with 20 Prisoners working therefor needs 10 Saws and 10 Presses for optimum money making.

B) At the beginning of your Work Regime you dont have any cash left cause you spent it all on prison upgrades. Your workshop needs during the work time continusly some cash to buy new Metal Sheets to work with. If you have a Workshop with 20 Prisoners working and 10 of each tool you should keep atleast 1000$ in your pocket at the beginning of your work regime cause it will all be used by the workshop.

With that both solved a 20 person Workshop can bring up to (and even more if your ruthless) 10.000$ a day.

Improvements for the workshop are aswell done by the amount of workers you have to carry sheet metal (do NOT build alot of stuff to keep your workers busy during work regime) and the distance between workshop and delivery area.

Another point with the workshop is one long block of work regime is ALOT better then a couple of short blocks cause your prisoners have only once to run to the workshop then to start working (you loose less time) 6-8h a day can be done without any big problems in any regime.

But on the original topic about how often you get money... I think it wouldnt be bad if you could get money for your workshop items as soon as they finished a stack of plates. If your prison is running smoothly its really else only a once per prison day check in to build stuff with money between 0:00 and 6:00 before you can tab out of the game again and wait for the next day to end.
Elandryl
level1
level1

Postby Elandryl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:35 pm

OneEyedShark wrote:
Elandryl wrote:
jois13 wrote:

Yeah, right, and what about becoming a real warden, sounds faster :D

At the very least, what I would appreciate is the ability to accelerate the time more. Like a super-fast forward. 'Cause it's a pain in the *** to have a perfectly fonctionnal prison wich actually makes a profit and still to call it a game over because it's just plain boring to wait twenty minutes for the cash to come in.
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Postby OneEyedShark » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Elandryl wrote:
OneEyedShark wrote:

(OMFG IS IT REALLY YOU !! ONEEYEDSHARK YOU'RE MY IDOL I HAVE A POSTER OF YOU ON MY WALL!!!)

Yeah, right, and what about becoming a real warden, sounds faster :D

At the very least, what I would appreciate is the ability to accelerate the time more. Like a super-fast forward. 'Cause it's a pain in the *** to have a perfectly fonctionnal prison wich actually makes a profit and still to call it a game over because it's just plain boring to wait twenty minutes for the cash to come in.

(yeah it's me XD)

yeah that would be very nice... but for now we have to stick with the good ol' way: quit and wait for the next update 8)
Elandryl
level1
level1

Postby Elandryl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Mister OneEyedShark? It's the ego police. You've been congratulating yourself in modified quotes. Please follow us.
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Postby OneEyedShark » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:53 am

Officer Elandryl wrote:Mister OneEyedShark? It's the ego police. You've been congratulating yourself in modified quotes. Please follow us.

(Sorry i really don't want to do this, but else i'll get fired and my family die :cry:)

I would rather die !!! *Drives away on a unicycle*
(I understand 8))

Return to “Community Members”