[Suggestion] One-Wide cookers

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

sidster51
level1
level1

[Suggestion] One-Wide cookers

Postby sidster51 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Basicly as it is. A cooker, but its only 1 grid/block sized, and has 1 burner. Good for when you have that extra space in the way.
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] One-Wide cookers

Postby Chewbacado » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:15 pm

No.
henke37
level2
level2

Postby henke37 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:14 pm

I think it is a nice idea. But the issue is the already cluttered object list.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:58 pm

The item list needs to be redone either way, because the game is gonna have twice as many objects as there is now if not even more.

There needs to be a better overview.

And the game definitely needs more items to promote the way you play, and way to upgrade rooms, as you start with low equipment and such.

I think this is a good idea.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:55 pm

To be honest, I just don't see the point. Do these 1x1 cookers do anything different? Or are they just there to fill space? What need do they fulfill? What are the incentives and downsides of using the smaller cookers vs using the larger cookers?

xander
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:05 am

Well, less "damn my room is the wrong size!" moments.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Causeless wrote:Well, less "damn my room is the wrong size!" moments.

But then why not shorter benches? Or smaller (or larger) tables? Or smaller ironing boards? It seems that one of the mechanics of the game is that the various objects which are needed to fulfill prisoner needs have fixed sizes. That is, space on the map is a resource, like time or money, which needs to be managed. So a smaller cooker would allow the player to use less space. What other resources are they giving up? And is space really at such a premium that a 1x1 cooker is needed?

xander
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:03 am

Basicly as it is. A cooker, but its only 1 grid/block sized, and has 1 burner. Good for when you have that extra space in the way.

Cookers can be rotated 90 degrees whereupon they magically become 1 square wide.

If you've accidentally made your entire room only one square big, then I suggest not trying to place a cooker in it at all. A garbage bin would be a better fit.
dzlockhead
level1
level1

Postby dzlockhead » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Well maybe as an upgrade list, and a way to declutter the item list, maybe have like subitems in each. Just to use this as an example, maybe a cooker, when you click it, 2 more would show above it, a single cooker and a double cooker, Or maybe for a sink, we could have the current sink, and maybe one with 2 sinks that 2 chefs can use to clean, with a single dirty input and clean output. Adding onto that for an incentive, we could start out with single cookers that will be "slightly" more expensive per cooker than a double so it would be financially wise to research, or "acquire" a market source (To sell you the doubles). Just an idea. I don't know if this has been suggested before so please forgive me and I know the second part of the suggestion may add an uncomfortable level of complexity to the equation. I don't tend to comment unless I really think I've got a good idea so let me know my fellow architects! :D

Return to “Community Members”