[Broken Feature?] Shower Inside Cells

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

JareX
level0

[Broken Feature?] Shower Inside Cells

Postby JareX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Hey everyone, first of all I have to say I really Enjoy this game and I'm so glad I found it :)

I had a very nice set up with my jail until alpha 12. I added a single square of shower inside each cell, in that way prisioners had their own shower and saved a lot of time and possible fights, my prison was running very smooth.

But now if I place a "shower block" inside the cell, the cell stops working and a red message says that it must be surrounded by walls and a jail door. (Which it has, but I only added one shower block)

I think individual showers is not something unrealistic and I would really like to have my cells to function again since my actual prision is pretty much done for.

¿Was this a premeditated change? ¿Is this a bug? ¿Can you revert it back please?

Thanks for you time. and keep up the great job :)
xander
level5
level5

Re: [Broken Feature?] Shower Inside Cells

Postby xander » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 pm

As has been mentioned in other threads, this was an intentional change. You can put showers in cells without designating shower areas, or you can build individual shower stalls with doors in each cell, or you can build communal showers.

xander
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Cells now have to be enclosed, you can place your mouse over a flashing room to find out what's wrong.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 pm

I suggest taking a look at the change list each time there's a new release.
demonssword
level0

Postby demonssword » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:17 am

I make my luxury cells like this now http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594 ... FEF36B514/ so they all get an individual shower they can use. The cells are 2X3 and then I have the drain and door and the shower behind it. On the outer edges I also can use the spare room for my solitary cells.
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Don't have a pic handy as I'm at work but my cells "were" 2x4.
The back 2 tiles were a shower head and toilet. (shower square marked as "shower" leaving 7 squares marked "cell")
The next 2 were drains
The front 4 were 2 empty squares leading to the door and the other 2 held the bed.
The halls outside the cells had 1 phone and 1 TV for each 2.34 cells (6 phones and 6TVs per 14 cell block).

I like your design except I had been building along the outer wall of each cell block with a central hallway. Now with tunneling, having that extra 2 squares of hallway before even getting out of the building looks like a good idea. ;)

Return to “Community Members”