[Suggeston] Use of Execution Room

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

NorwegianProGaming
level0

[Suggeston] Use of Execution Room

Postby NorwegianProGaming » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:54 pm

I have been playing a lot with Prison Arhitect, and it has been a really fun experience so far.
But I know it is still in alpha and there is much more to be expected.
And when I was playing around I looked at the Execution Room. Currently it has no function. So I thought, why can't we players change a policy for example like if you murder someone, you get executed.
I think if they added this the game would have been a lot more funnier.
xander
level5
level5

Re: [Suggeston] Use of Execution Room

Postby xander » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

This has been mentioned before. I believe that this topic is the most recent time that it has come up, though a quick search indicates that there are quite a few topics which may be relevant.

xander
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 pm

You know what? Fuck you. I'm not going into how it's illegal for an American prison to hold executions on a dime. Or how the game isn't supposed to be "funny". Dipshit.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 pm

NorwegianProGaming wrote:So I thought, why can't we players change a policy for example like if you murder someone, you get executed.

From this thread:
Chris wrote:- You are supposed to be able to set punishments for complaining, but we accidentally missed this out of the Policy screen. Murder was deliberately left out of this screen, because a crime that serious would warrant a new prison sentence rather than some time in solitary.
NorwegianProGaming
level0

Postby NorwegianProGaming » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Chewbacado wrote:You know what? Fuck you. I'm not going into how it's illegal for an American prison to hold executions on a dime. Or how the game isn't supposed to be "funny". Dipshit.

Did I say anything about that the game was not funny? I just said that it would have been nice if we could use the execution room.
MAdMaN wrote:From this thread:
Chris wrote:- You are supposed to be able to set punishments for complaining, but we accidentally missed this out of the Policy screen. Murder was deliberately left out of this screen, because a crime that serious would warrant a new prison sentence rather than some time in solitary.

I only used murder as an example, but I think that we should be able to have free control of the execution room and be able to choose whoever we want to be executed.
Brnthay
level1
level1

Postby Brnthay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Actually they would just length the stay of the inmate. In american prison certain members of the court can do this. For murder assaulting a guard/staff, damaging equipment, assaulting a inmate, escape prison they would lengthen the stay. Which I think should be added, but it means you have to hire a Judge which decide how long the sentience will be, and a detective. ( In real life I do not think it is a Judge. I think it a inmate judicial hearing, which carries all the wight of a court ruling with out having some of the decorum and court procedures. But, I am not really sure. Some Googling did not come up with anything. Does anyone hear know?)'

This is also a great way to balance people trying to escape that are about to get out of prison.
Last edited by Brnthay on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm

NorwegianProGaming wrote:I think that we should be able to have free control of the execution room and be able to choose whoever we want to be executed.

Let me quote the tutorial here: "It's not our place to decide if he deserves this. The Law has made that decision. We're just here to do a job." That pretty much hits the nail on the head. This is a prison simulation, not a court simulation. So we are in no position to decide the fate of our inmates.

I do agree that the electric chair should be either added some use or be removed from the game though. Maybe there could be a 4th kind of prisoner besides low-risk, high-risk and normal which is on the death row or something like that.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Gondlar wrote:I do agree that the electric chair should be either added some use or be removed from the game though. Maybe there could be a 4th kind of prisoner besides low-risk, high-risk and normal which is on the death row or something like that.

It's alpha. Electric chair functionality, and the prisoners to make use of that functionality, will come later.
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 pm

MAdMaN wrote:It's alpha. Electric chair functionality, and the prisoners to make use of that functionality, will come later.

I know, thanks for reminding me...

Return to “Community Members”