External Laundry

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

xander
level5
level5

Re: External Laundry

Postby xander » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:19 pm

DrNoid wrote:Other benefits of having a laundry contractor: No prisoners around dangerous equipment and chemicals. That's probably reason nr1 why real prisons contract it out. I can totally see inmates putting other inmates in the laundry machines as a way of murder.

I had actually considered this, but I think that this would depend heavily on implementation. Several people have suggested that laundry contractors should be a source of contraband. Right now, the only thing that makes laundries dangerous is contraband. Thus the "dangerous equipment and chemicals" are an issue either way.

Of course, as I said, this is highly dependent upon the specific implementation, should such a feature be implemented.

xander
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm

xander wrote:Right now, the only thing that makes laundries dangerous is contraband. Thus the "dangerous equipment and chemicals" are an issue either way.

Actually I think laundries are no source of contraband. At least there is nothing shown in the contraband-view.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Gondlar wrote:
xander wrote:Right now, the only thing that makes laundries dangerous is contraband. Thus the "dangerous equipment and chemicals" are an issue either way.

Actually I think laundries are no source of contraband. At least there is nothing shown in the contraband-view.

Oi! You are correct! I thought that I had seen them sneaking irons and bleach out of the laundry, but either I was hallucinating, or this used to happen and was changed at some point.

xander

Return to “Community Members”