People disappearing.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dwelk
level0

People disappearing.

Postby Dwelk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 am

I have a problem whereby prisoners and staff (basically any person) will disappear when they enter some areas such as the shower room, visitation room, common room etc. They disappear as soon as they go through the door and what's strange is that as I am playing the game, more areas might become affected that weren't previously. I should note that I am playing in safe mode because the normal mode crashes my pc for some reason (i.e. black screen and no load and cannot tab out) and night time does not work. Maybe they're related?
Any help?
Riven
level0

Re: People disappearing.

Postby Riven » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 am

Do you play on a laptop? If so some games have this problem, mine does. Intel+NVIDIA, takes lot of time (3-4 minutes) black screen keys not working, then goes ingame, take patience, only happens first time then you will play as you should, even when your reset computer works fine, it's only first time you play the game.
As for people disappearing problem, haven't got it, no clue
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 am

Um... are you referring to the 'fog of war'?

If you move a guard into the room, do the prisoners reappear?
Dwelk
level0

Postby Dwelk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:15 am

I'm playing on my desktop. I tried the normal mode and it worked without crashing now. However, I have a new problem.

Fog of War is DISABLED on my game yet I seem to be getting it (visually at least) but even if staff and guards enter the areas, they just disappear into it and don't reveal the area.
http://i.imgur.com/fhNrBGV.jpg
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 am

Its fog of war, the disable feature does not work just like enabling continuous intake does not work.

You can edit the save file to disable fog of war.
Dwelk
level0

Postby Dwelk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 am

But it still doesn't explain why my guards can't see anything in the fog, right?
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 am

Dwelk wrote:But it still doesn't explain why my guards can't see anything in the fog, right?

You jhave 6 guards, i can see all 6 and they are seeing in the fog of war, are you mistaking your janitors for guards? Also dont forget that they have limited sight.

Btw you have some escape tunnels to he left of your prison.

Return to “Community Members”