Digging is a little insane

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Der_Doodle
level1
level1

Re: Digging is a little insane

Postby Der_Doodle » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:32 pm

the shakedown turned up the 3 tunnels 2 bottles of whisky and a cellphone oh and the usual bottle of poison from the cleaning cupboard

Strangly even after the shakedown Drugs and Luxury were around 25% bar in supply weapons and tools both where at 0% before and after the shakedown.
markdall
level0

Postby markdall » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 pm

[quote="blipadouzi"]Shared via Twitter by IntroversionSoftware ‏on 5 Sep

Escape tunnels are taking a heavy nerf today. They will become much more rare from now on

https://twitter.com/IVSoftware/status/3 ... 8713728000[/quote]

Thank goodness! Prior to Alpha 13 I had something like 55 hours in the game. Post Alpha 13 maybe... 5 additional hours. It was just a complete turn-off.
esdee
level1
level1

Postby esdee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:39 am

markdall wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:Shared via Twitter by IntroversionSoftware ‏on 5 Sep

Escape tunnels are taking a heavy nerf today. They will become much more rare from now on

https://twitter.com/IVSoftware/status/3 ... 8713728000

Thank goodness! Prior to Alpha 13 I had something like 55 hours in the game. Post Alpha 13 maybe... 5 additional hours. It was just a complete turn-off.

I agree, only played once since the update.

I value the realistic approach to the game, but the latest patch ruined this feeling and made it rather ridicolous. Prisoners just dont behave like that in real world... not even close.
One 'rare' case of an escape attempt however, would be quite welcome addition. More to show that the escapes should be considered when building your prison, but your whole design and ideology shouldn't be based on prisoners who dig tunnels.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:55 am

Well I think patience would be good here. It was a new feature, and I can't blame IV for upping the digging frequency for this update, to really exercise the concept. We already have confirmation that they're going to drop the rate back down to hopefully "normal" levels, so no big deal.
Hemi425HP
level0

Postby Hemi425HP » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 am

As tunnels stand right now they're not fun. The game should be about making choices, not repeating patterns. Every morning I have to search all my cell blocks and spend a couple thousand dollars filling in holes (112 inmate prison). Tunnels definitely need to be in the game but should be one of those things that "get you" if you let your guard down. If I'm understanding correctly dogs will have the ability to sniff out tunnels so this could likely be improved after they're implemented - Ignoring dog patrols or incomplete paths could give your prisoners opportunity to tunnel out.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:20 am

Hemi425HP wrote:Tunnels definitely need to be in the game but should be one of those things that "get you" if you let your guard down.

Strongly agree on this. It shouldn't be a regular everyday thing as you point out, but another game aspect that will sneak up on you if you let it. Luckily, I think that's where we're heading.
prototype
level1
level1

Postby prototype » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:24 am

What I dislike about tunneling is the repetitive clearing of tunnels.
Having to check all the cells every other day starts to get boring real fast.
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Postby goodvibesman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 pm

The problem lies with the frequency of escapes. Honestly, imagine if there were this many escape attempts a day in regular facilities all over the world. It simple does not happen, because it gets harder and harder to dig your way out as security improves and other inmates sabotage you.

Escape attempts should be a last resort or the result of a long period of being unsatisfied.
Der_Doodle
level1
level1

Postby Der_Doodle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:53 pm

The Problem is that prisoners deffinitly dont need any tools to dig. So even with keeping the amount of tools in your prison under control they still dig.

Return to “Community Members”