Riot trigger (Help please)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

sburymozza
level1
level1

Riot trigger (Help please)

Postby sburymozza » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Built a prison and looked like it would work well, until I let prison in and no issue until they leave the cell block, they try and escape and start fighting the doors and guards, its only that point as soon as they leave the cell block they go nuts, pic below and you can see where the trouble starts. Anybody know how to make a vid so i can record it?

xander
level5
level5

Re: Riot trigger (Help please)

Postby xander » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Riots tend to happen when prisoners are either unhappy or not sufficiently afraid of you. To make them happy, you need to satisfy their needs. To determine what their needs are, you need to hire a psychologist. To make them afraid of you, you need to impose harsh penalties for infractions, which can be done via the Policy report.

xander
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:28 pm

They are all happy and I have no bars on the on the Danger meter.

They dont even riot they just try and escape and run towards the doors
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:32 pm

sburymozza wrote:They are all happy and I have no bars on the on the Danger meter.

They dont even riot they just try and escape and run towards the doors

In the screenshot above, you have clearly not hired a psychologist, as there is no danger meter. Hence I am confused.

xander
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:33 pm

I have hired one and chief, and both are showing all is ok
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Well, as I said, riots happen when prisoners are either unhappy or insufficiently cowed. Prisoners try to escape when their need for freedom is not being met. You are telling me that all of these needs are satisfied and that all of these conditions are met. Assuming that you are correct, the screenshot above does not give me the information required in order to provide you with further help or advice. I'm sorry that I cannot be of any assistance.

xander
zaroba
level1
level1

Postby zaroba » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 pm

You have high-risk inmates. They try to escape if they aren't happy and will fight even if they are happy.
You have no metal detectors, so it looks less secure and they can easily take contraband to fight with or dig tunnels with.

Just going by your picture and looking at the TO-DO list on the left side of that screenshot:
-you don't have a yard, thus no exercise and possibly no family need fulfillment (unless you have phones elsewhere the prisoners can use)
-you don't have a psychiatrist (lack of a danger bar does not mean there is no danger, it means you don't have the means to check the danger level)
-you have no holding cell. Not a big deal, but you have more prisoners then cells set up. 16 prisoners, only 15 cells ready and all in use.

Did you higher any chefs to cook the food? It's meal time and the serving tables are empty and there are no dirty trays on the tables so I know the prisoners didn't take all the food. Plus the 'Feed All Prisoners' thing says you have 15 hungry prisons, no prepared meals, and none in the process of fulfilling that need.

If you did hire a psychiatrist and do other stuff since taking the screenshot, then open the Reports window (bottom right corner) and click 'Needs' to see what they are missing.
Last edited by zaroba on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm

tried again got shot of all prisinors and opened the prision the prisioners just get put in cells as 8 of them have just arrived and then they go to canteen for food ( i know there aint any cooks) but b4 they get there kick off. There is 3 large gates 1 entrence and 2 staff doors and 2 large gates the other side
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:01 pm

In that screenshot, I don't see a fence or wall anywhere across the back of the prison or is that further off screen? :?
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Spectre Incarnate wrote:In that screenshot, I don't see a fence or wall anywhere across the back of the prison or is that further off screen? :?
Yeah, I want to see a zoomed out shot. There's likely a missing square of fence that causes them to try to escape as soon as they head to the canteen.
comanoodle
level0

Postby comanoodle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Yes, you have to wall/fence them in between buildings, or they'll just try to make a run for it. It took me a few games to figure this out too.
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:32 pm

will post pic of fencing in a sec, put some money in and hired 20 guards, made sure phones and visitor center as well as cooks. Will go round the fencing make sure its secure
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:47 pm

You'll need some TVs and pool tables for recreation. The needs screen shows that some prisoners are satisfying this need, so perhaps they're elsewhere and not pictured in the screenshot.

As was said, the prisoners can't have any unobstructed access to the edge of the map, or they'll make a run for it, regardless of how nice your prison is. Nothing personal, but they'd rather be someplace else. :wink:

Freshly arrived prisoners are difficult since the Alpha-13 ones are coming loaded with needs. More discussion here. You may have to endure some aggression before they settle into your regime. Keep in mind the danger level is prison-wide and more of a riot indication than personal aggression meter. You can still have a minority of really angry prisoners and still have a low danger rating, which looks to be the case.
Pegasus2
level1
level1

Postby Pegasus2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 pm

I had this problem.

I made my 'gatehouse' an actual building with foundations etc rather than just some walls and a jail door.

That way, I could also make it a staff only area.

Solved the problem of all my minimum security inmates legging it for the doors the moment they arrived even when they were locked shut.
vulgarman
level1
level1

Postby vulgarman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Deployment view of the whole prison would be pretty good for seeing if it's a layout problem or glitch.

Return to “Community Members”