Released = escaped?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

copy paper
level0

Released = escaped?

Postby copy paper » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:02 pm

I think released prisoners are counting as escaped prisoners in my prison valuation. I watched a released prisoner walk out and the escaped number jumped up one.

I know prison valuation doesn't really mean anything yet, but I liked using it as a measure of how I'd done.
sburymozza
level1
level1

Re: Released = escaped?

Postby sburymozza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Dont think that is true, i have had loads be released and still only got 2 escaped
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Nope released prisoners do not mean they are escaped.
You probably had a prisoner escape via an escape tunnel or something. There does need to be a better way of finding out for example clicking "escaped" on valuation saying
5x escape tunnel
10x gap though tunnel etc.
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Xoligy wrote:Nope released prisoners do not mean they are escaped.
You probably had a prisoner escape via an escape tunnel or something. There does need to be a better way of finding out for example clicking "escaped" on valuation saying
5x escape tunnel
10x gap though tunnel etc.

Or like the contraband system you can see where it has come from and the route its taken
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Prisoners are leaving the prison so or it would be is a line from outside the prison to the edge of the map, pretty pointless imo also, i believe that the contraband view gets cleared, so if its cleared and missed it you still dont have a clue how they escaped. Text form is much neater imo and saves clicking an extra click it can even be highlighted a new color so you know that was the newest way.
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Not if it shows the location of tool stolen and tunnel dug,

Yer the contraband does disappear after awhile
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm

It was stolen from the kitchen :roll: lol

Like i said i dont use the contraband view i know the locations things are gotten frrom more or less, set up metal detectors and forget about it. Soon as new items/locations are added i will check it out again then forget about it

Edit:
If it became more necessary to use it, then maybe i would for example contraband being thrown over the fence. You have to check it to see where the weak link is.
copy paper
level0

Postby copy paper » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:05 pm

I've now checked this several times, and you all are right, I haven't seen it happen since. I apologize for the wasted thread. I do agree that more feedback on what happened would be helpful.
DonRiver
level1
level1

Postby DonRiver » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:50 am

I've had a few escaping prisoners just waltz right past a few guards, because the guard was buy "patrolling" or "opening a door" :facepalm

I think this is a general flaw in the agent-handling process:

1: A prisoner sees an opportunity and begins to escape
2: Urist McDoorGuard notices and sounds the alarm!
3: Invisible Guard Manager creates a 'subdue prisoner with baton' job with a status of 'To do'. It joins the List Of Jobs For Guards
4: Urist McDoorGuard is busy opening a door, so ignores the List Of Jobs For Guards.
5: Urist McMilesAway is idle, notices there's a new job available, and claims it. He begins running across the site after the escapee.
6: Urist McDoorGuard has finished with his door, and checks the List Of Jobs For Guards. The 'subdue prisoner' job is claimed, so he takes an unassigned 'search toilet' task instead and walks to the cell, passing the escapee on the way.

I don't think this is exactly how guard AI works (guards will gang up on a violent prisoner for example, so there are tasks which multiple guards can join) but this kind of behaviour is what I see often.

Return to “Community Members”