A range of new bugs for me in Alpha 13

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

LFC908
level0

A range of new bugs for me in Alpha 13

Postby LFC908 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:18 am

In Alpha 12 everything was working fine. Now after Alpha 13 things have gone down hill (I know it's an alpha, I completely understand bugs! I'll list the bugs! This is only on my first prison after the new update so I don't know if they're persistent!

1. After opening a locked door my guards are hanging in the doorway so the gate won't shut
2. They don't always put prisoners in cells but in the holding cells, even when cells are available
3. Jobs will fail 7 times over saying 'no route, when there's multiple routes
4. Deployment isn't working
5. Workers not moving back to storage/deliveries sometimes but hang around when they last completed a job
6. Guards are taking ages to respond to people wanting to go through locked doors
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:43 am

What? Deployment isn't broken, just changed to something better. Now you deploy guards onto patrols, giving more control.
JSwigart
level1
level1

Postby JSwigart » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:05 am

Am I missing something about deployment?

I can assign people to regions, however when they are assigned they seem to not participate in a number of useful behaviors, like shakedown, or letting people through gates sometimes, etc.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am

JSwigart wrote:Am I missing something about deployment?

I can assign people to regions, however when they are assigned they seem to not participate in a number of useful behaviors, like shakedown, or letting people through gates sometimes, etc.

They will respond, but the game seems to prioritize free roaming guards to do some tasks, even when a deployed guard is closer. I touch on some additional deployment options that I think would help here.
Elm1nst0r
level0

Re: A range of new bugs for me in Alpha 13

Postby Elm1nst0r » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:13 pm

LFC908 wrote:In Alpha 12 everything was working fine. Now after Alpha 13 things have gone down hill (I know it's an alpha, I completely understand bugs! I'll list the bugs! This is only on my first prison after the new update so I don't know if they're persistent!

1. After opening a locked door my guards are hanging in the doorway so the gate won't shut
2. They don't always put prisoners in cells but in the holding cells, even when cells are available
5. Workers not moving back to storage/deliveries sometimes but hang around when they last completed a job
6. Guards are taking ages to respond to people wanting to go through locked doors

I experienced the problems #3 and #4, too. This makes the game unplayable for me, cause it happens all the time and i didn´t find a way to fix it.

Another problem is, that the planing-function doesn´t work. it doesn´t do anything, when i push the button.

This is all weird, cause yesterday everything worked fine, and there was no patch since that, or am i wrong?
homen3
level0

Re: A range of new bugs for me in Alpha 13

Postby homen3 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:05 pm

LFC908 wrote:In Alpha 12 everything was working fine. Now after Alpha 13 things have gone down hill (I know it's an alpha, I completely understand bugs! I'll list the bugs! This is only on my first prison after the new update so I don't know if they're persistent!

Same #1 , #2 , #6 bugs.

#2 happens to me when I've 20 free cells (completed with no digs) and 15 prisoners in holding cells.

Return to “Community Members”