What should we focus on next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What should we focus on during the next few alphas?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Keep adding brand new features
60%
Finish and polish existing features
9%
Bug fixes
7%
Performance enhancements
16%
Story chapters
5%
Game Balance
3%

Total votes: 1169
snazzyconnor
level0

Re: What should we focus on next?

Postby snazzyconnor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:33 pm

I think that having the prisoners form gangs would be awesome, could range from some just getting contraband in to sortof greenstreet 2 kind of running the prison and paying guards off :D
Pulseeey
level0

Postby Pulseeey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:32 am

Hello all,

My current suggestions at the minute is more weapons, such as pistols, rifles etc & a bigger range of guards.

Warders (only armed with a baton & textures that look not so guardy ;) ).
Standard (same as current guards except optionally armed with a pistol).
Patroller (armed with a rifle and automatically patrol near perimeter walls and/or entrance/exits and look quite beastly).
K9 (same as current except optionally armed with a pistol).
Riot (same as current except armed with a pistol or SMG & possibly more in a 1 group).
Sniper (possibly bundled with a watch tower, doesn't let your hire any unless you have a tower in place with accommodation for them).

Prisoners arrive in a proper prison bus instead of delivery truck & leave in a standard vehicle or prison bus also instead of just walking down the road like a loner.

A texture pack system so users add their own textures with ease & also use other players textures! (this one isn't really important).

An option to choose a start save/map so you don't boot into a new map each time (unless a main menu is on the rise).

Pre-builds, in some building games you see menus that offer you built structures and all you do is buy it and place it & it is there. (this would kinda defeat the purpose of the game a bit but it's not like you are forced to use it).

Performance optimizations? Not in my list because I get 60FPS with super sampling in a save with 300 prisoners.
ParadoxParadoxon
level0

Postby ParadoxParadoxon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Keep adding brand new features

Neeeed a second floor :)
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:31 pm

The context of this thread was several alpha releases ago. I'd recommend opening a new poll to see if the opinion has changed. It may seem confusing for newer players to see a high demand for performance enhancements, for example, until you realize this poll was posted in a pre-alpha-15 context.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:50 pm

I second that, the poll needs to be refreshed.
HeroFV
level2
level2

Postby HeroFV » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:53 am

_alphaBeta_ wrote:The context of this thread was several alpha releases ago. I'd recommend opening a new poll to see if the opinion has changed. It may seem confusing for newer players to see a high demand for performance enhancements, for example, until you realize this poll was posted in a pre-alpha-15 context.

+1
Mithrawndo
level0

Postby Mithrawndo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:15 am

Also, there are a lot of features in the game right now. It's actually reaching a point where, with only a few more additions, the game could start becoming quite intimidating to new players.

Definitely a new poll please! :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:26 am

Mithrawndo wrote:It's actually reaching a point where, with only a few more additions, the game could start becoming quite intimidating to new players.

Only if the new player is introduced to all of those features all at once. A well constructed campaign that slowly ramps up the things that a player needs to know about would help. And, if you watch the alpha 17 release video, you will note that there are settings in Chris' menu for a campaign, which implies that they have been working on the campaign again. I also noticed a Polaroid on the ground in the Yard at one point... hrm...

xander
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 am

xander wrote:I also noticed a Polaroid on the ground in the Yard at one point... hrm...

xander

Yeah I noticed that too, made me think of that annoying bug in the earliest Alphas where a non-functioning Polaroid would be lying around in the Wardens office every time you loaded a save :P
esdee
level1
level1

Postby esdee » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Bug fixes, atleast the major one that prevent some people to play the game (eg. saving issue).
noamnnn
level0

Postby noamnnn » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:26 pm

for my opinion you should improve the existing thing first and than start focusing on creating new stuff because if you will create new stuff before improving existing stuff you will get stuck in a situation when you tried to catch more then you can handle.
greavous
level0

Postby greavous » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:34 pm

when is the enxt vote for this? its says next few alphas is that 3 or more?

id like to see new content like everyone else but also a good amount of bug fixes to keep the game running smoothly =].
statisticalonion
level0

Postby statisticalonion » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 pm

I would like some weather, maybe some chance of weather caused fire (Wind, Lightning), making forestrys and issue and such.
bobthefarmer1
level0

Postby bobthefarmer1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:08 pm

It would be nice to see some meta-game stuff, like reforming prisoners and such, not just releasing them. Kind of like an education wing, where they get their degrees and stuff, but also smarter prisoners bring more dangerous ones as well. Prison gangs with an investigation wing designed for that would be very nice in the meta game also.
H3LLk3RN
level0

Re:

Postby H3LLk3RN » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:45 pm

xander wrote:My opinions:

Chris wrote:- Keep creating brand new features - eg dogs, drug usage, end game, education, reform etc

Yes, please.

Chris wrote:- Finish and polish existing features - eg the recently added tunnels, contraband trading, laundry etc

This would be nice, too. But more features are even more betterer!

Chris wrote:- Bug fixes - run through Mantis and tackle the current serious issues

Meh. If you get a few bugs dealt with now, groovy. But I figure it will all get taken care of eventually.

Chris wrote:- Performance enhancements - make the game run better especially with large numbers of prisoners

Double meh. The game runs fine for most people, and optimization can wait. Though if you are talking about implementation of multi-threading, do that now, please.

Chris wrote:- Story chapters - start creating more chapters to continue the story started in Death Row

Quadruple meh. Remember how long it took to get all of the content put together for Darwinia? Do you really want to do more of that right now? ;)

Chris wrote:- Game balance - add more grants, balance the costs of everything, and tweak the difficulty of the game until it is properly fair and balanced

Please, no. The game isn't even feature complete yet. :\

xander

Lol? you must be autistic or something for sure, bugs fixes must come ASAP and performance too, I see loads of threads made by people with high end rigs struggling on large prisons

Return to “Community Members”