What should we focus on next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What should we focus on during the next few alphas?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Keep adding brand new features
60%
Finish and polish existing features
9%
Bug fixes
7%
Performance enhancements
16%
Story chapters
5%
Game Balance
3%

Total votes: 1169
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Re: What should we focus on next?

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Hmuda wrote:Would love to see doors fleshed out. Normal doors opening instead of sliding, have little animations so we can tell which way they would open before placing them, etc. :)

Like this:

Would love that! :wink:
Colour_Theory1
level0

Postby Colour_Theory1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:08 am

Here are a list...
1.Gangs - They will help each other out in riots and dispute, causing the prison to go in an riot or fight. They will smuggle in drugs for each other and will stay in packs. Stand together, sit at the same table, and will beat up rival gangs for turf.
2.Better scripting on Riots - In my opinion, riots should be more organized for prisoner stand point. They should be going to get keys off of guards, and stay in groups. Break out of their cells and then go and help others to get out of their cells.
3.Upgrades for Staff and other things - Be able to upgrade saws to make my licence plates faster. Guards can get extra weapons, i.e. pepper spray; Tear Gas; Pistols with Rubber Bullets; Armor; etc.
4. Commissary - The prisoners can buy snacks, razors and other common things, and will earn the prison money, but will be a great way for them to build make-shift weapons. You can keep prisoners that miss out on breakfast/lunch/dinner happy. Some items like a razor can be used as a luxury item to increase maybe a new stat?
5. New need - Sain - If you lock up a prisoner in solitary for to long, they become insane, will attack random people, and will cause fights. They can be more powerful them normal prisoners and can rage through your prison.
6.Sentencing - If a prisoner has been acting up lately, you can increase their sentence by so many months in the policy page, (Max of 6 months for one crime.) or so. This will then cause prisoners to think a little more before fighting or rioting.
7.More ways for prisoners to smuggle in drugs or other contraband. The kitchen gets shipments of food every day! Maybe the prisoners told them to put a little something, something in their and when they go to help cook, they take it. Or maybe the prisoners can influence a guard to help them get drugs, but if they get caught then they will get extra sentencing.
8. More Prisoner customization- Going back to the gang, some prisoners have traits, craftyness - for creating weapons, smarts - for assessing problems and thinking on how to outsmart it, For example. Theirs a riot, do we escape, or fight the guards and save some people and risk losing the fight. Charm - Can influence people to do things for them. For example, steal food, weapons, cell phones etc.
9.Just one more problem; When there is a riot and prisoners get caught/beat up they get cuffed and stopped. If a prisoner gets jail keys and goes to get them and has them, they should be able to open the cuffs with them. With the cuffs open, they should be free. Prisoners should also be able to break into the medical office and steal supplies to heal inmates for 1/4 the speed of a doctor. Just to spice up the prison.
10. You decide! Leave your comments below on what you think is good on this thread/post!
Arailies
level1
level1

Postby Arailies » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Colour_Theory1 wrote:Here are a list...
1.Gangs - They will help each other out in riots and dispute, causing the prison to go in an riot or fight. They will smuggle in drugs for each other and will stay in packs. Stand together, sit at the same table, and will beat up rival gangs for turf.
2.Better scripting on Riots - In my opinion, riots should be more organized for prisoner stand point. They should be going to get keys off of guards, and stay in groups. Break out of their cells and then go and help others to get out of their cells.
3.Upgrades for Staff and other things - Be able to upgrade saws to make my licence plates faster. Guards can get extra weapons, i.e. pepper spray; Tear Gas; Pistols with Rubber Bullets; Armor; etc.
4. Commissary - The prisoners can buy snacks, razors and other common things, and will earn the prison money, but will be a great way for them to build make-shift weapons. You can keep prisoners that miss out on breakfast/lunch/dinner happy. Some items like a razor can be used as a luxury item to increase maybe a new stat?
5. New need - Sain - If you lock up a prisoner in solitary for to long, they become insane, will attack random people, and will cause fights. They can be more powerful them normal prisoners and can rage through your prison.
6.Sentencing - If a prisoner has been acting up lately, you can increase their sentence by so many months in the policy page, (Max of 6 months for one crime.) or so. This will then cause prisoners to think a little more before fighting or rioting.
7.More ways for prisoners to smuggle in drugs or other contraband. The kitchen gets shipments of food every day! Maybe the prisoners told them to put a little something, something in their and when they go to help cook, they take it. Or maybe the prisoners can influence a guard to help them get drugs, but if they get caught then they will get extra sentencing.
8. More Prisoner customization- Going back to the gang, some prisoners have traits, craftyness - for creating weapons, smarts - for assessing problems and thinking on how to outsmart it, For example. Theirs a riot, do we escape, or fight the guards and save some people and risk losing the fight. Charm - Can influence people to do things for them. For example, steal food, weapons, cell phones etc.
9.Just one more problem; When there is a riot and prisoners get caught/beat up they get cuffed and stopped. If a prisoner gets jail keys and goes to get them and has them, they should be able to open the cuffs with them. With the cuffs open, they should be free. Prisoners should also be able to break into the medical office and steal supplies to heal inmates for 1/4 the speed of a doctor. Just to spice up the prison.
10. You decide! Leave your comments below on what you think is good on this thread/post!

Golly, love that list- MUST sort those riots out- had two last night, they didn't go anywhere at all, it was to easy. :wink:

Your a genius mate; GENIUS. If prisoners could free other prisoners with keys, weaps and that nice touch to the gang system, the prison would be doomed. Also another thing that i'd like to ask for again is the random events, event if you add them in one at a time, a good one to start of is earthquakes, i believe in a previous post i specified the details. :?:

Staff room works great, apart from its annoying me when prisoners are running away
and i have guards in the tea drinkers club and the dogs knashing on bones in the kennel :lol:
762SkS
level1
level1

Postby 762SkS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:49 pm

would still love the ability to assign guards to key shortcuts! i.e. 1-0
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:57 pm

762SkS wrote:would still love the ability to assign guards to key shortcuts! i.e. 1-0

Have a look at this. The community's understanding of the developer's intention regarding guard control is that there won't be any direct control eventually. It would seem more likely that the player will be able to signal that support is needed in a certain area, and the guards will deploy themselves. Supposedly the days where the player has direct control over guards is numbered.
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:43 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:Have a look at this. The community's understanding of the developer's intention regarding guard control is that there won't be any direct control eventually. It would seem more likely that the player will be able to signal that support is needed in a certain area, and the guards will deploy themselves. Supposedly the days where the player has direct control over guards is numbered.

Hope the AI works a little better when that happens.

What I mean is there is a riot in the cafeteria, and I had to deploy the other guards there. I didn't pause or slow time, so the guard died.
R.I.P. Allan "Big Al" Brown [Guard] Died in riot
xenmate
level0

Postby xenmate » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:53 pm

I've been playing this game for a few days and one thing that stands out to me is that you have no way of tracking how many people have escaped other than opening the valuation tab. Maybe a daily Roll Call or something along those lines would be good so the guards can tell you hpw many people if any escapd in the last 24 hours.
NJDevils1214
level0

Postby NJDevils1214 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 pm

xenmate wrote:I've been playing this game for a few days and one thing that stands out to me is that you have no way of tracking how many people have escaped other than opening the valuation tab. Maybe a daily Roll Call or something along those lines would be good so the guards can tell you hpw many people if any escaped in the last 24 hours.

I like. That would be a good thing to add in the bottom right with the lockup and bangup buttons and/or unlock it in the prison policy.
macobsession100
level0

Postby macobsession100 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:21 am

I think that you guys should focus more on the problems caused by having double rooms of each type. E.g double kitchens cause problems as the chefs don't know which kitchen to deliver food to.
Also there is an issue where the laundry dosen't get distributed evenly to the prisoners. Having double laundries don't work too as the prisoners don't do anything in the other laundry room
El Guapo
level0

Postby El Guapo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Adding new features while still having a laundry list of bugs and obvious improvements would be ridiculous.

I'd suggest focusing on 2 issues:
1. Cleaning up the interface. The building menus are a complete mess. Order the items by category or in sub-menus. The game "towns" is similarly chaotic. There is a great mod that re-arranges items by room though. Maybe look into that. Just adding more stuff will obviously only increase the lack of overview.

2. Placing items is a tedious effort. Why do we have to manually rotate items in 2013? When moving the mouse next to a wall, the item should automatically align itself to said wall. If that's too difficult to implement with the engine, then at least give us a clear indicator which direction the object is facing. This is especially bad with surveillance cameras and stoves.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:07 pm

El Guapo wrote:2. Placing items is a tedious effort. Why do we have to manually rotate items in 2013? When moving the mouse next to a wall, the item should automatically align itself to said wall.

I disagree. What if I don't want it aligned to the wall? What if I am placing the object in the corner and want it aligned to the north wall rather than the west wall? I despise interfaces that try to do things for me (fuck you, Word). I want the interface to do exactly what I tell it to do without trying to guess my intentions.

xander
Zorasht
level1
level1

Postby Zorasht » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:16 pm

however it would be nice to have a clue where small objects are facing. 50% of the time i install the CCTV wrongly and i have to dismantle and install again. Talking about CCTV, it would be nice to have a "vision arch", to see how well coverage your area has.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Zorasht wrote:however it would be nice to have a clue where small objects are facing. 50% of the time i install the CCTV wrongly and i have to dismantle and install again. Talking about CCTV, it would be nice to have a "vision arch", to see how well coverage your area has.

Oh, I completely agree. It would even be nice if CCTVs could be rotated after placement (to adjust the direction that they are facing). I just don't think that CCTVs (or anything else) should be automatically rotated.

xander
Arailies
level1
level1

Postby Arailies » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm

NJDevils1214 wrote:
xenmate wrote:I've been playing this game for a few days and one thing that stands out to me is that you have no way of tracking how many people have escaped other than opening the valuation tab. Maybe a daily Roll Call or something along those lines would be good so the guards can tell you hpw many people if any escaped in the last 24 hours.

I like. That would be a good thing to add in the bottom right with the lockup and bangup buttons and/or unlock it in the prison policy.

that would work good not just for who's escaped, if this is put in i would like this to automatically detect all tunnels and tunnelers, especially if done at night time. BUT IT MUST BE LIMITED TO LIKE ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS IN GAME TIME OR SUCH DESCRIPTION.!
ArchNemesis
level0

Postby ArchNemesis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Spent about an hour reading through some of the suggestions, I really like the idea of having the ability to train guards.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned only went back to page 7 of the thread but what I would like is the ability to set times to the guards patrols, that way you wouldn't need constantly move guards around at all times of the day for example when the prisoners are working I would like the guards to be around the workshops but at night when they are sleeping I would like them patrolling the cells. I did read somebody talking about shifts which I like the idea of, being able to set when the guards can go and sit in the staff room and rest for 12 hours before there next shift.

Return to “Community Members”