What should we focus on next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What should we focus on during the next few alphas?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Keep adding brand new features
60%
Finish and polish existing features
9%
Bug fixes
7%
Performance enhancements
16%
Story chapters
5%
Game Balance
3%

Total votes: 1169
air805ronin
level1
level1

Re: What should we focus on next?

Postby air805ronin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:55 pm

For what its worth, I think the game could benefit from a little more attention to the staff of the prison. Right now they just go about their business 24/7 never needing a wee, never needing food, and never needing rest. Unless they are robots, this is highly unorthodox.

I think in the policy page or the regime page a structure could be laid out for staff such as 8 hours shifts vs 12 hour shifts. Perhaps some of the jobs that don't need to be 24/7 such as cook or the office jobs could have start times and end times. Having an option to set your shift change times so they impact your regime the least, or the most.

This could have an added benefit of prisoners knowing about the changing of the guard and using that time to try to escape through a tunnel. Perhaps using that time to shank a guy who was eyeing them in the yard.

Right now it seems as though the daily grant for each prisoner is enough money to cover one member of staff, roughly. Perhaps if shifts were introduced X amount in wages would cover all shifts required for one position, instead of one person.
Arailies
level1
level1

Postby Arailies » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello,

If Mark, Chris (once life has settled for Chris) and the team at introversion sort out performance, staff, prisoner and coding issues and ideas put forward they could work on something i just thought up while on the way home from Work experience.

MULTIPLAYER!!! 8)

I know this is a radical step for a management, sandbox and simultation game that Prison Architect is but what if there was a option for this but i think anymore than two players is bad because of issues with what will these number of players do?

Well with Two players, one would construct a prison from scratch or just load a already constructed prison and manage the prison from the good guys side for example the guards, janitors etc as though it was singleplayer but with a twist. The other player CONTROLS the prisoners 8) and tell them when to riot, steal contraband and individually control them to make sure they aren't caught with contraband or even tell them which way to dig so the prisoner boss player can tell a prisoner in cell block 573 (east side of the map to dig all the way to the west side to cell block 32 allowing prisoners to get to the other side of the prison in seconds once it's done making riots worse than before.

Secondly, because a player is controlling the prisoners actions it gives a interesting twist to the prison manager player, who have to get into the minds and mind of the other player and prisoners to think on what they'd do if they were a prisoners trying to escape or take the prison. This brings my idea to it's aim; the prison manager player must stop as many of the prisoners escaping with as few guards (and dogs.....now) from dieing within a certain amount of time while the prisoner player has to get as many prisoners to escape while killing as many guards as possible in the time given for the game. It'll have to be long, like 4 months worth of ingame days or something on normal speed to make it last and more practical for prisoners to get into a bad mood.

Finally, if this multiplayer works, there can finally be a leaderboard for the world to see WHO IS THE BEST PRISON MANAGER or WHO IS THE BEST PRISON ESCAPIST? :idea: Then people can see if they are good or bad, and a forum page could be made for players to give ideas and tactics for escaping or stoping the escapes. :mrgreen:

Thats all i got for now, don't know if anyones thought of this but i think its a nice twist to the game for the future once all the current performance, staff and coding/waypointing issues are resolved. Feel free to PM me and if any of the introversion team wants to chat, they can PM me too and we can arrange something such as skype or phonecall :idea: .

'Trust in yourself, For without thee, Thou canst trust another' - Quote by Me aka Martin Barlow
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Arailies wrote:MULTIPLAYER!!! 8)
[...] but what if there was a option for this

What if there was an option to search the forums to see if this has been suggested before? Oh wait, there is^^

Ok, enough with the sarcasm, multiplayer has been suggested tons of times already. Not going to happen, simple as that.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:27 pm

VoiD88 wrote:--==<snip>==--

Any chance that I could borrow that knife you are carrying around? I'm feeling stabby. :\

xander
Arailies
level1
level1

Postby Arailies » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Why is everyone being so pessimistic and mean to my ideas i put through,
almost every post one of you comes and answers with a hostile attitude why do you not just simply say ' it's been mentioned already, some nice extra twist to it' or something rather than the hostile, bully like manner.

And Xander, that sentence there,
Any chance that I could borrow that knife you are carrying around? I'm feeling stabby. :\

IS EXTREMELY DISTRESSING, one of my best friends was stabbed 23 times to death some time after he moved to London :x :x :x please do not treat me as such because i am very defencive against those who think that way.

Please do not say anything like that again please, because you'll find i'll be hostlie to those like you making threats like such.

Trust in yourself, for without thee, thou canst trust another.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:51 am

VoiD88 wrote:[Snip]

xander wrote:[More Snipping]

Arailies wrote:[Too Much Snipping]

This topic is filled with too many apples, let me fix it by getting the correct train of thought back.

I think the devs should start focusing on the armory room, and epic gun fights like no other prison gun fight I've ever seen. Maybe work on some sounds for each piece of contraband, so when a prisoner swings a baton at someone, you can hear the other person's skull and bones cracking. Or better yet, some sounds for the gun and shotgun... And how about some pizza delivery guys? Prisoners can't always rely on the cooks to put out the good stuff... so the prisoners who have mobile phones can call in some extra services, and get the deliveries through their cell windows...

But seriously, this topic is a book of ideas and there's no need to turn on the, "Stop suggesting the same damn thing, now I'm pissed off" button... These forums don't need that.
Arailies
level1
level1

Postby Arailies » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 am

RGeezy911, I've said in another post about an armory for guards to get bodyarmor and tazers; but look at the attitude above, you can guess a simular message.

But your idea much more exciting, are you thinking of only hand guns? Or you thinking of all of them like rifles, and machineguns?

Oh and if the armory is set like that, INTROVERSION TEAM PLEASE MAKE THE ARMORY THE PRIMARY TARGET FOR RIOTING PRISONERS!!!!
cjhendoop
level1
level1

Postby cjhendoop » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:40 pm

esdee
level1
level1

Postby esdee » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Death Row.
Setari
level2
level2

Postby Setari » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm

esdee wrote:Death Row.

A death row section of a prison could be interesting to say the least.
Arailies
level1
level1

Postby Arailies » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 am

Maybe we could have a section of the game where we could design diffrent looks for the characters? Maybe to put humour or more seriousness into the game, like a clown look for prisoners or a posh suit for the guards (like the ones in MIB).

That could be something to think about and it lets us players play around with how are characters look and you could also make more of a story with the tutorial if players could make diffrent looks for the team?

It would make the youtube vidios players make and the alpha release vidios better too from such random clothing they have. :D
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:29 am

Arailies wrote:Maybe we could have a section of the game where we could design diffrent looks for the characters? Maybe to put humour or more seriousness into the game, like a clown look for prisoners or a posh suit for the guards (like the ones in MIB).

That could be something to think about and it lets us players play around with how are characters look and you could also make more of a story with the tutorial if players could make diffrent looks for the team?

It would make the youtube vidios players make and the alpha release vidios better too from such random clothing they have. :D

They probably won't do that due to the Digital-Immorto-Criminalise Your Face tier.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:42 pm

MAdMaN wrote:They probably won't do that due to the Digital-Immorto-Criminalise Your Face tier.

Since the sprites are all stored in big ass .png file, I don't see why someone couldn't mod the look of the game. IV may never release tools to make it easy, but UnRAR and GIMP are free downloads.

xander
whoisstupidnow
level0

Postby whoisstupidnow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Polish finish things that you have started!
Like escape tunnels should randomly give escapes damage as a way to show that they are escaping.
sutieday
level1
level1

Postby sutieday » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Can you guys work on making the game load faster? When I double click on the exe I hate waiting for the game to load...

Return to “Community Members”