A small improvement on contraband and tunnel reveal, idea

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

A small improvement on contraband and tunnel reveal, idea

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:34 am

I was thinking a small improvement or at least a realistic idea to be added.

If a room, example, workshop is not guarded by guards or security cameras, prisoners will have 100% chance to steal everything they can in it. This way will force players to send at least 1 guard or a security camera to reduce the chances of contraband in an unsecured room. This also applies on other rooms too, such kitchen,cleaning cupboard, etc.

Secondly, about revealling tunnels.

If guard is sent to search toilet or prisoner but they reveal the tunnel, an alarm should be raised, all guards will start searching for the prisoner who made that tunnel. If he is spotted, he will immediately be beat down by guards and returned to cell.

So..Hows that?
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 am

1. Kinda like the idea, needs a little work though. I'd definatlly like it if wages/guards were more expensive or there was a setting to make it harder kind of like the gfc mod, also there needs to be other things that come into play like cost to replace missing items etc also still needs to be a % that the prisoners can/will steal even with a guard placed there.

Saying that id probably just do what i ding now and have metal detectors, guards are only placed if i feel something is wrong (ie i dont think my workers are working) so maybe a guard could also be placed to make sure they are not slacking off? More workers more guards required. Also feel a "tool cage" be good.

2. Someone noticed tunnels found in cells were not getting the prisoner punished, i feel that this should be added t the policy tab. Tunnel is found > guard finds prisoner > Searches > Does whatever is selected in Policy tab.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 am

Xoligy wrote:
2. Someone noticed tunnels found in cells were not getting the prisoner punished, i feel that this should be added t the policy tab. Tunnel is found > guard finds prisoner > Searches > Does whatever is selected in Policy tab.

Yeah, I noticed that. He didnt get punished when tunnel found. Or to be honest, "Escape attempt" punishment should be categorized on that..
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: A small improvement on contraband and tunnel reveal, ide

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:50 am

thekillergreece wrote:If a room, example, workshop is not guarded by guards or security cameras, prisoners will have 100% chance to steal everything they can in it. This way will force players to send at least 1 guard or a security camera to reduce the chances of contraband in an unsecured room. This also applies on other rooms too, such kitchen,cleaning cupboard, etc.

You're forgetting metal detectors.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:57 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:If a room, example, workshop is not guarded by guards or security cameras, prisoners will have 100% chance to steal everything they can in it. This way will force players to send at least 1 guard or a security camera to reduce the chances of contraband in an unsecured room. This also applies on other rooms too, such kitchen,cleaning cupboard, etc.

You are forgetting that guards always do mistakes.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:46 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
MAdMaN wrote:

Mistakes are fine, they happen rarely. Having a metal detector reduces the chance of them stealing a lot.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Causeless wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:
MAdMaN wrote:

Mistakes are fine, they happen rarely. Having a metal detector reduces the chance of them stealing a lot.

Fix:

Always happen. There will be rarely correct caught prisoner...Where should you place metal detectors anyways?
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Fix:

Always happen. There will be rarely correct caught prisoner...Where should you place metal detectors anyways?

I usually place mine at the entrance to my prison, the canteen, the workshop, and the cell block entrances. Combine that with a shakedown every 4-5 days to clear out tunnels and there's no problems.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.

Return to “Community Members”