[Exploit] The Tunnel Exploit "Video"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Flint
level2
level2

[Exploit] The Tunnel Exploit "Video"

Postby Flint » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:08 am

Prison Architect: The Tunnel Exploit

Yup not even 1 day into the update and I found this exploit that makes tunnels easy to manage or downright useless.

Every time a prisoner made a tunnel they would pop out the first block after the sealed wall. So I came up with this that seems to make tunnel pointless. "It happened to me multiple times and never varied" "All tunnels where made because I wanted them to happen"

Fix is included in this Video and in the text below.

Steps to creating this exploit.
1. Build a wall around your prison that seals it in.
2. Build a wall 1 block away "on the outside" of that wall but do not seal it. Leave the entrance next to the main prison entrance. Insure their is a one block space in-between the 2 walls.
3. When a tunnel makes it out of the sealed prison wall the next wall will force the prisoner to go around the prison to the main entrance, thus giving your guards time to detain all escapees.
4. Ponies

Fix
1. Instead of the first block outside of the wall being the one that the prisoners choose to come out of they would go from 1 - 10 blocks out so you cannot predict where the prisoners could come out or even have some of the prisoners pop out of their tunnels still in the prison. Since prisoners can't see in the dirt how should they know where they are going all the time. Let some of them get lost when digging.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Re: [Exploit] The Tunnel Exploit "Video"

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:18 am

Flint wrote:1. Instead of the first block outside of the wall being the one that the prisoners choose to come out of they would go from 1 - 10 blocks out so you cannot predict where the prisoners could come out or even have some of the prisoners pop out of their tunnels still in the prison. Since prisoners can't see in the dirt how should they know where they are going all the time. Let some of them get lost when digging.

Nice suggestion and its nice to see someone come up with a possible solution but, yes there is always a but ;) lol

1. It would nice if the random pop up could occur in the prison lets say we have some "dumb" criminals (yes i know they nomally try adn measure so they get beyond the wall but something they just aint good enough ;) )
2. Most people (like myself) build right upto the edge (mainly because im using small maps) so how will it be random? Do they dig past and then you get a notice that a prisoner escaped???

I was going to write more, but... i fucked up and then forgot what i was going write lol dont help im checking on something someone says is a bug...
Flint
level2
level2

Re: [Exploit] The Tunnel Exploit "Video"

Postby Flint » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:22 am

Xoligy wrote:
Flint wrote:1. Instead of the first block outside of the wall being the one that the prisoners choose to come out of they would go from 1 - 10 blocks out so you cannot predict where the prisoners could come out or even have some of the prisoners pop out of their tunnels still in the prison. Since prisoners can't see in the dirt how should they know where they are going all the time. Let some of them get lost when digging.

Nice suggestion and its nice to see someone come up with a possible solution but, yes there is always a but ;) lol

1. It would nice if the random pop up could occur in the prison lets say we have some "dumb" criminals (yes i know they nomally try adn measure so they get beyond the wall but something they just aint good enough ;) )
2. Most people (like myself) build right upto the edge (mainly because im using small maps) so how will it be random? Do they dig past and then you get a notice that a prisoner escaped???

It's more for the player that's likes to take he game to its extreme. That's how I found the problem and created the fix. I used to build right on the edge but with this new feature I do not do that anymore just more walls then the prison.

Map choice is yours to make so I really do not know what to say on that. I play on Large and buy more land so I'm always expanding.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:27 am

Yeh i refuse to use land expansion, too many issues and lag spikes appear for me.

I already have a few escape attempts in my alpha 12 game, but i just do cell searches every few days so no problimo ;)
Flint
level2
level2

Postby Flint » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:08 am

I don't have any problems either, but for the update I wanted to see what could happen.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:40 pm

A better approach might be one that measures the time it takes for the prisoner to get to the edge of the map. If it's above a certain threshold, keep digging further.
Flint
level2
level2

Postby Flint » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:43 pm

As if they planed the dig out and checked how many feet it would take to get to their target.

Return to “Community Members”