Save/Load at night

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

PeterF
level1
level1

Save/Load at night

Postby PeterF » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:43 am

Never ever ever do this. In previous alphas this has caused me trouble a few times as inmates don't seem to save their "asleep" status and they get grumpy, but now in alpha 13 if it happens their hygiene and food needs just instantly skyrocket, and immediately sending them to shower still doesn't prevent a riot in an otherwise peaceful medium security prison.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Funny, I ALWAYS save during the night since during daytime my construction workers are busy, and saving/loading will almot always cause issues for them... So I do my saves at night and I never had trouble with the inmates needs because of it.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 pm

VoiD88 wrote:Funny, I ALWAYS save during the night since during daytime my construction workers are busy, and saving/loading will almost always cause issues for them... So I do my saves at night and I never had trouble with the inmates needs because of it.

Well, you're the person I've heard of to date that doesn't get the prisoners waking up bug if re-loading. Lucky you! ;)

Or do you not reload during sleep hours?
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:05 am

Well they do indeed wake up if I reload and I can see how that would be a problem if the sleep need was still high and they refused to go back to sleep...

My regime says sleep is from 11pm to 6am. I always wait until everyone is in their cell (usually happens at around a quarter past midnight when the workshop income has stopped flowing in), then I order a shakedown (yes, EVERY night xD). Then I have to wait until everything has been searched which is usually between 4am to 5:30am, by which time the sleep need of my inmates has been reduced to almost nothing despite the shakedown.
THEN I do my saving/reloading, so it doesn't bother me if they wake up since they're not tired anymore anyway xD

But the OP was asking about hygiene and food need; those DO increase overnight, but it happens BEFORE my saving/reloading, so it's because of sleeping rather thatn saving/reloading. Also, I've never had it build up so high as to cause any troubles (perhaps because I have assigned a shower hour first thing in the morning).
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.

~Garfield
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:02 am

What? I also always save and reload in the evening after all the punishments have been paid and the day's work is done. With A13 the only problem is I have to re-designate my patrols.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Never had any problems with this.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:55 pm

From what I understand, if you're loading an alpha 12 or before game then it will re-roll all the prisoners needs the first time you load. When I loaded up my pre13 prison the prisoners were just about ready to riot and I had to cancel 2 days worth of activities o bring them back under control. Are you sure it wasn't just that?

Return to “Community Members”