Moving workshop saw and presses

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Torrentula81
level0

Moving workshop saw and presses

Postby Torrentula81 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:38 am

I tried dismantling to relocate them. They stay inside the crates. No job cue to move them to storage like it does for tables. So when I try to replace them it shows its in inventory as in don't have to pay for it but the job stays in cue. Never goes green. Any way to fix this? Wondering if im the only one.
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:15 am

Right now it's still the prisoners' job to move the presses and saws. You need to make sure the room is still a workshop with prisoners assigned to it, and you need to make sure they prisoners are allowed to go to Storage to drop the equipment off there. They'll get to it eventually during their Work hours.
Torrentula81
level0

Postby Torrentula81 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:46 am

GC13 wrote:Right now it's still the prisoners' job to move the presses and saws. You need to make sure the room is still a workshop with prisoners assigned to it, and you need to make sure they prisoners are allowed to go to Storage to drop the equipment off there. They'll get to it eventually during their Work hours.

wow. thanks for the info. restarted but im sure it was staff only for storage so that was probly it. thanks for the info.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:55 am

Torrentula81 wrote:
GC13 wrote:Right now it's still the prisoners' job to move the presses and saws. You need to make sure the room is still a workshop with prisoners assigned to it, and you need to make sure they prisoners are allowed to go to Storage to drop the equipment off there. They'll get to it eventually during their Work hours.

wow. thanks for the info. restarted but im sure it was staff only for storage so that was probly it. thanks for the info.

This literally happens all the time to people, it's the alpha showing an appropriate lack of polish.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:11 am

Quick fix is to place a small storage room inside your workshop until the prisoners have had a chance to move the machines. Once replaced, you can re-zone as workshop area.

It's a slightly annoying problem & will hopefully be changed sometime down the line :)
wildbillhdmax01
level1
level1

Postby wildbillhdmax01 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

This is odd. I have this bug too. It's a pain in the ass. I can't get my prisoners to move the crates with the machines. And yes I've tried making sure my prisoners can get to my Storage. Yes I have prisoners assigned to my workshop. The sad thing is this has been a bug since Alpha 11 or 12. I thought it would of been fixed by now. Maybe next Alpha! :)

Return to “Community Members”