[Suggestion] Add Electric Chair to "Punishments"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Tarenty
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Add Electric Chair to "Punishments"

Postby Tarenty » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 am

As the subject describes.
Last edited by Tarenty on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fistalis
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Add Electric Chair to "Punishments&quo

Postby Fistalis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 am

Tarenty wrote:As the subject describes.

Prisons can't decide to execute people.
/not signed.
HockeyMike24
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Add Electric Chair to "Punishments&

Postby HockeyMike24 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:17 am

Fistalis wrote:Prisons can't decide to execute people.
/not signed.

True, but I do like this idea as it would give you more control over your prison.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:34 am

No, executions are't to be used at the convenience of the warden. Now that doesn't mean I disagree entirely. If you could send a prisoner to court and assign your lawyer to accomplish certain objectives(extend sentence for assault, death row for killing staff members, etc.) and then there'll be a chance of success based off of the charges and your lawyer skill. Though you shouldn't have a chance of executing a prisoner for trying to escape or other relatively small charges compared to capital charges.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 am

christopher1006 wrote:No, executions are't to be used at the convenience of the warden. Now that doesn't mean I disagree entirely. If you could send a prisoner to court and assign your lawyer to accomplish certain objectives(extend sentence for assault, death row for killing staff members, etc.) and then there'll be a chance of success based off of the charges and your lawyer skill. Though you shouldn't have a chance of executing a prisoner for trying to escape or other relatively small charges compared to capital charges.
Yeah, being able to use some kind of Law report to have your staff lobby for or against a prisoner would be a nice touch. But it would completely ruin the verisimilitude if the warden could arbitrarily execute prisoners. Not even the most sadistic wardens in any prison film have that power: they always exercise their meanness with excessive solitary punishments, which we can now do. Verisimilitude accomplished.
acealeam
level0

Postby acealeam » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 am

christopher1006 wrote:No, executions are't to be used at the convenience of the warden. Now that doesn't mean I disagree entirely. If you could send a prisoner to court and assign your lawyer to accomplish certain objectives(extend sentence for assault, death row for killing staff members, etc.) and then there'll be a chance of success based off of the charges and your lawyer skill. Though you shouldn't have a chance of executing a prisoner for trying to escape or other relatively small charges compared to capital charges.

This is a great idea. Full support on that, and it gives a use to a lawyer too.
edit: Plus, I have a particularly troublesome prisoner, I also don't feel like waiting out those 32 years. Just sayin'.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:03 am

Yes, absolutely. It should be simulated in some way, but not too directly, and there should be a cost (not necessarily monetary cost) and other consequences to deal with, such as public image and government approval.

acealeam wrote:edit: Plus, I have a particularly troublesome prisoner, I also don't feel like waiting out those 32 years. Just sayin'.

In the meantime, there are several in-game methods of manipulation with the use of electricity, water, and fire to "accidentally" kill prisoners, just like you can in The Sims. Have fun! :twisted:
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Bad idea, as said prisons and wardens do not decide who gets the chair and people would just abuse it anyway there needs to be some sort of rules set in place and yes i know its always fun to kill someone in a game but abusing something just makes it boring imo.

As for the court idea, i believe but dont quote me on it that some prisons have there own court system where they deal with some incidents within the prison and add punishments like they will add some jail time onto there sentence then send their decision off to the court and get it added on (not sure if it can be appealed but bet it can) also they can have benifits taken from them liek they can not use the phone, store or work etc.
McLumberjack
level2
level2

Re:

Postby McLumberjack » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:25 am

GC13 wrote:Yeah, being able to use some kind of Law report to have your staff lobby for or against a prisoner would be a nice touch. But it would completely ruin the verisimilitude if the warden could arbitrarily execute prisoners. Not even the most sadistic wardens in any prison film have that power: they always exercise their meanness with excessive solitary punishments, which we can now do. Verisimilitude accomplished.

My worst fear has come true: the internet has discovered the word 'verisimilitude'.

Anyway, the Warden in Shawshank kills Billy from Ally McBeal (probably not his real character name) by luring him out into the yard where he gets shot for 'escaping'. Sadistic punishments like non-court-sanctioned execution (in other words, murder) should be that sort of thing, to underline how you're being evil and circumventing the system, rather than steepling* your fingers like a bond villain and saying "Mmmyes, take this one to the electric chair.. mwahaha."

Kolchak
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Add Electric Chair to "Punishments"

Postby Kolchak » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 am

Surely there's no Bond villain lame enough to do the lowered steeple?
Raised steeple or no steeple!
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Re:

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:50 am

McLumberjack wrote:My worst fear has come true: the internet has discovered the word 'verisimilitude'.

Oh, please... The Internet has discovered a much better word a long time ago:
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Re:

Postby OneEyedShark » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 am

(And BTW OneEyedShark is just amazing :D)

You need to make this a thread (?) it self :D

(Thanks :))
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:26 am

Guys, stop replying. Just add Tarenty and HockeyMike 24 to the idiot list. Or should I say, retarded 10-year old 1, and retarded 10-year old 2.
Last edited by Chewbacado on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
McLumberjack
level2
level2

Postby McLumberjack » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:37 am

Kolchak wrote:Surely there's no Bond villain lame enough to do the lowered steeple?
Raised steeple or no steeple!

Maybe at a staff meeting. You know, trying to open up with the henchmen. Listen to their concerns: better snacks in the vending machine, the broken air hockey table, how he dropped Stavros through the trapdoor into the piranha tank. He's here to listen.
Kolchak
level2
level2

Re: Re:

Postby Kolchak » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:44 am

VoiD88 wrote:
McLumberjack wrote:My worst fear has come true: the internet has discovered the word 'verisimilitude'.

Oh, please... The Internet has discovered a much better word a long time ago:

All credit to Jacob Rees-Mogg MP!

Return to “Community Members”