Laundry issues (A13)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

iScripters
level2
level2
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Laundry issues (A13)

Postby iScripters » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Is it just me or did laundry stopped working completely? I made the room, satisfied the room needs, used the Deployment screen to assign jobs. The prisoners stacked the pile of clothes into the baskets... and then it stopped. None of them is pushing the carts around. They all just wander through the laundry room with WORKING underneath them. In the Jobs list, nothing related to laundry shows up.
I loaded an auto-save to see if that fixes anything, but still no luck. Assigned more people, assigned less people. (Started with 14, then did 4, now at 6).

Am I alone in this, or did any of you notice this too?
Fistalis
level1
level1
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Laundry issues (A13)

Postby Fistalis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:32 pm

iScripters wrote:Is it just me or did laundry stopped working completely? I made the room, satisfied the room needs, used the Deployment screen to assign jobs. The prisoners stacked the pile of clothes into the baskets... and then it stopped. None of them is pushing the carts around. They all just wander through the laundry room with WORKING underneath them. In the Jobs list, nothing related to laundry shows up.
I loaded an auto-save to see if that fixes anything, but still no luck. Assigned more people, assigned less people. (Started with 14, then did 4, now at 6).

Am I alone in this, or did any of you notice this too?

Laundry has been iffy for me in all versions. Works sometimes.. sometimes it doesn't. Although usually its the GD inmates not using the fresh uniform laying on the bed.
iScripters
level2
level2
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Laundry issues (A13)

Postby iScripters » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Fistalis wrote:
iScripters wrote:Is it just me or did laundry stopped working completely? I made the room, satisfied the room needs, used the Deployment screen to assign jobs. The prisoners stacked the pile of clothes into the baskets... and then it stopped. None of them is pushing the carts around. They all just wander through the laundry room with WORKING underneath them. In the Jobs list, nothing related to laundry shows up.
I loaded an auto-save to see if that fixes anything, but still no luck. Assigned more people, assigned less people. (Started with 14, then did 4, now at 6).

Am I alone in this, or did any of you notice this too?

Laundry has been iffy for me in all versions. Works sometimes.. sometimes it doesn't. Although usually its the GD inmates not using the fresh uniform laying on the bed.

Oh, I should add that none of my beds have a uniform on it. There hasn't been a single 'clothing-round'.
iScripters
level2
level2
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Postby iScripters » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 am

So am I the only one or does none of you care? :/
Phoenix591
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:12 am

Postby Phoenix591 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 am

Laundry was working OK (the prisoners didn't like to put on the fresh uniform very often) but they did wash and put them out for me. At least it was until about half an hour ago when my washer blew up, or someone destroyed it and killed someone, not sure, was watching my workshop at the time.
UPDATE: I saw what happened when it happened again. Somehow water got in the laundry room floor and that blew up the washer, and took a prisoner with it. Put a drain in your Laundry room.
User avatar
Ric666
level3
level3
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ric666 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 am

Give people a chance to play it OP....

i've not even had a chance to load up the game yet :P

I generally never have laundry problems so will play it over the weekend & let you know my findings.
iScripters
level2
level2
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Postby iScripters » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Ric666 wrote:Give people a chance to play it OP....

i've not even had a chance to load up the game yet :P

I generally never have laundry problems so will play it over the weekend & let you know my findings.

You're right.. I should be more patient :P I never had any real laundry issues either, so it's weird. Another thing I should add tho: This is a new A13 prison, not a loaded A12.
User avatar
Ric666
level3
level3
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ric666 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 pm

I always start a new one when I get a new alpha(I build at least 4 an alpha :P) so we should be on the same testing grounds :)
rip4ever
level1
level1
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Postby rip4ever » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Ric666 wrote:I always start a new one when I get a new alpha(I build at least 4 an alpha :P) so we should be on the same testing grounds :)


As do I, any bugs related to save games from a previous alpha are useless.

Besides so much changes as to make previous designs unwise anyway. Look at this one, no open cell areas, no showers within cell area, unwise to put some things close to the edge.

I am sure my design logice is in for a big change and probably several restarts early on as I struggle to figure out what works well now. As always I still want more though.

One thing I am excited about is knowing for certain we get K-9 next release.

Who Let The Dogs Out?!!! I would suggest they play that song in the background for the next Alpha Release Video. PLEASE!


edit: and you could always give me props on the video for suggesting it to once and for all put to rest any suggestions that you don't read the forums.
Safilpope
level1
level1
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:11 pm
Location: Scotland

Postby Safilpope » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Most of my laundry bugs seem to have been fixed this alpha, which is nice. :D Sorry I cant help you iScripters
Xoligy
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Postby Xoligy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:44 pm

After seeing another user complain about laundry i converted the only file i could find which was my GFC mad save and loaded up a game...

Laundry started to go out of control about 80 prisoners had high and 30 critical then my game messed up (map scrolled upwards and the s key would not work) so i saved, loaded and... eh my laundry needs have actually decreased!.
JulesCain
level1
level1
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Postby JulesCain » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:29 am

I recognized that some of my sub-prisons didnt get served by the workers...i wondered why and checked the clothes laying all around (on the bed, floor -> as normal). i recognized, that some of these clothes arent chooseable/clickable. I tried to dump the clothes, but it didnt worked (the workers didnt dumped it anyway) so, i bulldozard that sections. it works!! i waited until the schedule for work and the prisoners getting the clothes laying i their cells. after that, i rebuild the cell, everything works fine.
User avatar
peardude
level1
level1
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:22 am

Postby peardude » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 am

I got this bug too, but every bed gets only pair of clothes when they're made, also 2 cells have laundry baskets in front of the door preventing them from closing.
Stalineoi
level0
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 am

Postby Stalineoi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:51 am

On my side half of the prisoners have fresh uniform on the bed but won't change...

Everything seem to be find on the requirement

sad :(
iScripters
level2
level2
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Postby iScripters » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:24 am

I have demolished my laundry room and build it some other place in my prison. Put the objects in, assigned it Laundry room, set jobs to it, dumped all the baskets and clothes from the old laundry room, bought new baskets. Prisoners take new uniforms from the table, put them in the basket, and that's all there is. None of my prisoners decide to take a basket and hand out clothes. Not in the Jobs list either.

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests