Why are bladder and bowel separate needs...?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Novbert
level2
level2

Why are bladder and bowel separate needs...?

Postby Novbert » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:01 am

... if they both get triggered by Food and both can be fulfilled using the same object (Toilet). Isn't it a bit redundant? Am I missing something? Can you control the way these needs increase somehow?
DMT
level0

Postby DMT » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 am

Is bladder for piss and bowel for shite?
Novbert
level2
level2

Postby Novbert » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:46 am

DMT wrote:Is bladder for piss and bowel for shite?

That's correct.
I'm only asking the question from a game logic perspective. It makes little sense to me to talk about these separately if you can neither increase, nor decrease these separately.
DMT
level0

Postby DMT » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Novbert wrote:
DMT wrote:Is bladder for piss and bowel for shite?

That's correct.
I'm only asking the question from a game logic perspective. It makes little sense to me to talk about these separately if you can neither increase, nor decrease these separately.

They have flavor :)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

It's a good question. Why have both needs when 'toilet' would have sufficed?

That said, now that two needs have been implemented I'm not in favour of merging them into one. I think it adds a certain charm.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Maybe we could have urinals in the future so they can go for a number 1 if that's all they need. Not sure if it would have any benefit.

Just a thought.
Safilpope
level1
level1

Postby Safilpope » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm

It makes sense to me, occasionally I'll see a prisoner relieving himself in a corridor to satisfy his bladder need, but it seems they need a toilet to poop.

As an aside I'd like to see prisoners punished for taking a piss up against the canteen wall (or anywhere for that matter), last time a guard caught one doing it he just went about his patrol.
Provelt
level0

Postby Provelt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Easy. Some inmates migth:

Smear feces on walls
Throw piss at guards

I have personaly dodged flying piss two times.
Novbert
level2
level2

Postby Novbert » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:20 am

Safilpope wrote:It makes sense to me, occasionally I'll see a prisoner relieving himself in a corridor to satisfy his bladder need, but it seems they need a toilet to poop.

As an aside I'd like to see prisoners punished for taking a piss up against the canteen wall (or anywhere for that matter), last time a guard caught one doing it he just went about his patrol.

Now that we're talking about it I've also seen some interesting movements on the need charts when I was experimenting with some extremely long working sessions (i.e. 13 hours without a break). Around the 8th-9th hour there was a sudden decrease in the bladder need with a sudden increase in hygiene need. I'm not sure I want to know what happened there :D
Petrini
level1
level1

Postby Petrini » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:06 pm

realistically you need to pee more often than you need to poo and to me it seems like the pee-need grows faster than poo-need ingame aswell.
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Safilpope wrote:It makes sense to me, occasionally I'll see a prisoner relieving himself in a corridor to satisfy his bladder need, but it seems they need a toilet to poop.

This makes sense, in addition a prisoner who wet himself would be less "upset" than one who crapped his pants.

Return to “Community Members”