Workers in Workshop

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Grimgor
level0

Workers in Workshop

Postby Grimgor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I have a very large workshop but because i can only have 20 workers per room i had to build multiple rooms. (see image below)

1) It very hard to see how many workers are at each room as they continue on in to the next room.

Could this be change to 2 people 1 for working and 1 for available jobs with a number next to both of them.

2) When they have finished making the number plates they take them to the tables in room 1(bottom right) until it full.
Then they take them to room 2 (bottom centre) and so on until their are no more tables.
After all the tables are full they start to filling up all the empty floor space in room 1.

Shouldn't they just keep their own number plates in their own room?

MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Having multiples of any room except cells causes problems with staff and prisoners in the current version of the game.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:39 pm

I admit i dont like theingle icons per worker wish it was just plain text gets annoying trying to see how many clicks i require so now i just click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click,... think thats enough lol
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:19 am

when you "define" rooms they are added to a list or stack somewhere.

The 1st room defined is the "primary" room. Then each other room in the order added.

My prison has 5 shops.

The "first" one I defined (10x34) only has 44 tables in it and 20 workers assigned. NO saws or presses.

The other 4 (15x16 each) have 80 saws and presses and 80 workers total distributed across them.

The 20 workers in the "table room" just move blanks between saws and presses and then move the finished plates out to the table room.

The 100 workers will fill all but about 4-5 of the tables per 8 hour day. (roughly $60k).

NOTE: There should be a bit more saws than presses. Due to the delivery delays of the metal arriving and workers having to bring it in, the extra saws help to bring in extra metal per delivery. This is to keep as many of the presses from being idle as possible. Roughly 55% to 65% saws seems to work nicely depending on your workshop layout and how far they are from the delivery area.

Return to “Community Members”