Idea: Camra zoom

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Jagji56
level0

Idea: Camra zoom

Postby Jagji56 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Ok, I have just got this via the humble bundle that is on. One thing that I would like to see is the zoom function changed so it zooms where the pointer is, or at least an option to do it. If its already there, then cool. I am tired as hell ATM, and have not been bothered looking yet. lol
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:02 pm

This has been suggested before.

xander
s20dan
level0

Postby s20dan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Optional feature I'd hope.

I've seen windows desktop scaling break this feature on a few titles (Distant Worlds, I'm looking at you).
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 am

Hi there, Jagji56! Welcome to the dev forum!

As xander said, this idea is already on the suggestion list. Next time, please check the list and then try doing a forum search before making a new thread. (I know, forum searching is horrid, but do at least try.) :)

s20dan wrote: I've seen windows desktop scaling break this feature on a few titles (Distant Worlds, I'm looking at you).

And also, a hello to s20dan!

Just curious, but are you speaking of the Windows DPI scaling? Is yours set to 150%? You can keep the scaling high and still have games work correctly by setting the game in question to ignore the scaling under the game's exe properties. Helped all my games that would not scale correctly and had mouse orientation issues and still let me use 150% DPI on my TV monitor. If you need more detailed help, just let me know. :)
Silvereye
level1
level1

Postby Silvereye » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 am

I dont think he means "Zoom" like the defination of it. I thik he means "Lookpoint" Just a fixed Position which u can set where it watch.
My first language isnt English, so apologize when its not easy to read.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 am

Silvereye wrote:I dont think he means "Zoom" like the defination of it. I thik he means "Lookpoint" Just a fixed Position which u can set where it watch.

Bookmarks you mean? Bookmarks would be awesome, too. Though, I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about zooming in to where the mouse cursor is located, instead of having to first scroll the screen. Especially because you can't scroll with mouse yet, so it's quite annoying at the moment and pretty understandable that lots of people suggest this.
Silvereye
level1
level1

Postby Silvereye » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:16 pm

No i just mean a FIXED position of the Camera. So it doenst go from left to right and back. Just in ONE Position and watching this Area.
Zooming in would be a bit weird and i think a waste cause u cant see more specific when u really Zoom in. So i think he just mean a Fixed Position without Moving Camera. U now get it? :)
My first language isnt English, so apologize when its not easy to read.

Return to “Community Members”