Game unplayable due to refusal to load in windowed mode

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

honestduane
level0

Game unplayable due to refusal to load in windowed mode

Postby honestduane » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:02 am

My problems:

1. The game loads, but in such a streched out and pixled state that I cant read anything, do anything, use any menus, etc. Its fully unplayable in any way.
2. The game refuses to load anything graphical except in full screen stretched screen 1366x768 mode; I searched the forum and the trick to set it to windowed mode is not working. I also can't change the resolution in any way no matter what I try.
3. The game is not playable in any way, as it refuses to load except in this pixleated, unreadable, no menus usable, full screen stretched out state. I ant even read text, so I have to kill it with alt-F4.

This computer runs skyrim in hidef; Not sure whats wrong but I was really hoping to play this game and my experience has been terrible. :(

Edit: Just changed my entire system resolution to a more standard format thinking that would help, but it just made the problem worse. The menues are still pixated, I still cant read anything. Its just grey and lighter grey boxes where text should be.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:11 am

Not sure what your issue is my window mode works perfectly. Try downloading windowless borderless gaming and running it in a logical resolution
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:12 am

Please post some more information about your system to narrow down the problem.. Mac/Windows/Linux, graphics card etc.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Re: Game unplayable due to refusal to load in windowed mode

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:15 am

Do you use Win7? Is your DPI Display set to 150%? Mine is cause I use a TV monitor. Some programs (Prison Architect, Dungeons of Dredmor, and Gnomoria for instance) won't look right on 150%. They get all stretched out and in some cases the mouse cursor will even disorient. If that is the case, I can explain how to fix.

Return to “Community Members”