Prison slowly breaks down every time.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Clortho
level0

Prison slowly breaks down every time.

Postby Clortho » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Every time I start a prison it works well enough for awhile and then features start breaking. I was wondering if there is any way around these problems?

Here is my list of common problems:
Laundry stops working. Clothes are delivered to rooms but prisoners wont wear them and keep getting bad thoughts.
After awhile prisoners refuse to use any of my showers. Even showers they would previously. Bad thoughts, etc.
After awhile prisoners will refuse to use my common room.
Workers wont finish foundations, even if they have a door installed. This seems to happen the most if a load a save with an incomplete foundation.
Workers wont finish item construction jobs. I reorganized my shop and for the life of me I can't get them to reinstall the tools onces they have been deconstructed. I've also sometimes had other, simple task (installing lights, pipes, walls, etc) left undone for days.

Loading from a previous save seems to help with some of the problems but its kind of annoying. Could this be because I'm doing something wrong or is it just the result of it being an alpha?

Thanks for any help.
Ric666
level3
level3

Re: Prison slowly breaks down every time.

Postby Ric666 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:11 pm

I can certainly help with a few :)

Workers wont finish foundations, even if they have a door installed. This seems to happen the most if a load a save with an incomplete foundation.

This is a known problem & has been reported many times. You should try not too save while buildingsg are under construction or you have to redo them when reloading.
Workers wont finish item construction jobs. I reorganized my shop and for the life of me I can't get them to reinstall the tools onces they have been deconstructed. I've also sometimes had other, simple task (installing lights, pipes, walls, etc) left undone for days.

If it's the workshop specifically, the prison workers have to carry the stuff to the storage rooms first, then your worker will take to the new location. this annoys me all the time & will hopefully be changed in the future. Make sure your storage is non staff only which I assume it is just now?

Never had the other problems myself. I tend to reload prisons quite a lot as I get terrible memory leaks/lag at times. I don't use the common room at all myself as yet. It's not implemented properly yet I believe.
Hope some of this helps!
Clortho
level0

Postby Clortho » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:08 pm

The workshop issue I was having was because the storage area was staff only. You're suggestion fixed it. Kind of odd that a worker needs to install it but a prisoner needs to haul it around.

The staff only thing also gave me a clue to fixing my shower issue. I had a holding cell and shower isolated from the rest of my prison by a staff only hallway. Because that one shower was unreachable my prisoners refused to use any of the four other showers in the complex. Weird huh? Making the hallway prisoner accessible fixed my showers.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Community Members”