Prison automatism : Obvious inmates placement & frisks

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Herastean
level0

Prison automatism : Obvious inmates placement & frisks

Postby Herastean » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Hello there! I've had a little thought while playing.

Long story short : My prison is a mess of stolen weapons, goods and stufF. My guards are a little dumb and I'm forced to micro-manage obvious things.

It'd be nice to have an option for the guards to auto-treat inmates security level & frisks.

Security levels : I can set my guards to put an inmate into Max-Security if he : Smuggles weapons OR attack a correctional officer OR tries to escape. Sounds obvious to me.
Frisks : If an inmate makes a metal detector goes off, his cell will be frisked too.
Frisks² : I can order my COs to perform a frisk of any room of my prison. Having to click on each object and make it searched is terrible.
Herastean
level0

Postby Herastean » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Addition because I just remembered, I have no idea of this was suggested already but as it falls under automatism : A control room for doors like we see in the US rather than having guards with keys like in poor old Europe, please. Having Usain Bolt running around being like "LET ME PASS I MUST OPEN FOR DA FOOD" all the time looks a bit stupid.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Re: Prison automatism : Obvious inmates placement & fris

Postby NoOpen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Herastean wrote:Hello there! I've had a little thought while playing.

Long story short : My prison is a mess of stolen weapons, goods and stufF. My guards are a little dumb and I'm forced to micro-manage obvious things.

It'd be nice to have an option for the guards to auto-treat inmates security level & frisks.

Security levels : I can set my guards to put an inmate into Max-Security if he : Smuggles weapons OR attack a correctional officer OR tries to escape. Sounds obvious to me.
Frisks : If an inmate makes a metal detector goes off, his cell will be frisked too.
Frisks² : I can order my COs to perform a frisk of any room of my prison. Having to click on each object and make it searched is terrible.

Herastean wrote:Addition because I just remembered, I have no idea of this was suggested already but as it falls under automatism : A control room for doors like we see in the US rather than having guards with keys like in poor old Europe, please. Having Usain Bolt running around being like "LET ME PASS I MUST OPEN FOR DA FOOD" all the time looks a bit stupid.

I do not like the idea for security levels only because in real life it is not the prisons decision what category the prisoner falls into. Also the more automation the less fun the game is.

Once again I do not like such a massive level of automation it takes enjoyment away.

That feature is already implemented for cells, I guess it could not hurt for other rooms.

I like your last idea very much but just like real life it should be based on funding a very costly thing to implement. (Implemented into the security office with CCTV of course). Just not the factual incorrectness about US and Europe prisons, It is not like that the factors that determine something like that are Security, Funding, Private/Federal/Local and many more things. There is thousands of American prisons using the key system. Educate yourself before taking a swipe at another nation cheers. (No I am not European)
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Return to “Community Members”